In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

This old house

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Chud, Oct 21, 2022.

  1. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,259
    Likes Received:
    54,098
    Location:
    NC
    I frequently drive by an old log and mortar house. I think it was empty for years until recently. I noticed smoke coming out of the chimney around the time I started burning and noticed an uncovered pile of wood in the front lawn. Thick smoke was rolling out of the chimney daily until the wood pile disappeared. As I drove by I wondered what they were heating with during the cold snap. I think there’s an above ground oil tank next to the house. This afternoon I drive by after delivering a load of premium fully Tony Chachere Ash to new homeowners and see a newish dump trailer with several sappy ended white pine logs behind it. We all know what the end result will be.
     
  2. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,860
    Likes Received:
    121,458
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    [​IMG]

    It'll eventually self clean.

    [​IMG]
     
    In the Pines, Timberdog, Chud and 9 others like this.
  3. Skier76

    Skier76

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2014
    Messages:
    3,080
    Likes Received:
    17,017
    Location:
    CT and SoVT
    Hold tight….wait til the party’s over.

    Great tune. They have some really good ones in their catalog.
     
  4. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,287
    Likes Received:
    58,548
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH

    Maybe stop by and give a friendly suggestion/education before something bad happens! :D
     
  5. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,259
    Likes Received:
    54,098
    Location:
    NC
    When I first started burning in my current house I had a chimney fire. Called the fire dept and went on the roof with a hose. The firemen showed up, shot the chimney with a thermal gauge and told me it’s cleaning itself.