In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Gasifier

Gasifier

First light…. 3C4F01D5-BFFE-4A31-A519-C0B007781E3E.jpeg

Horkn, wildwest, Chaz and 12 others like this.
  2. Mastermind

Mastermind

Many times a stumble or off idle hesitation is an indication that it's a little lean on the low side. You might try fattening the tune up even more than you consider necessary.

Ohio, Horkn, Chvymn99 and 8 others like this.
  3. Gasifier

Gasifier

Hoping all our Canadian Friends are inside and safe on the East Coast!

TrinitySouth99. You good?

Horkn, bogieb, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  4. savemoney

savemoney

5. yooperdave

yooperdave

That guy spent a lot of time on the bike; it looks amazing!

We, as members of FHC, can not only understand the passion involved but also condone the level of commitment required to take on and complete such a task! Just take a look at our wood piles and wood stoves. :handshake:

I wonder which FHC member will be the first to fashion a wood stove entirely form wood? :sherlock:

6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Whoa! Walked by and saw the motion light by the chickens on. It was a horse! Pardon me to horse owners but they're huge! I contacted a lady last Feb that there were horses here, branded and shoe'd from the high country when they do that every year and she said she'd let the Brand Inspector know. But this is odd, same color as the the ones I described and comfortable around the boat/house/munching a weed bush right next to chicken coop. We have wild horses passing through our property but this one was comfortable with people stuff. Idk, I don't know about horses, If I could, I'd buy them some grain, which might have attracted that one here from the chickens scratching out side the pen?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  7. Gasifier

Gasifier

Good morning firewood hoarders. Does anyone know of another way to check on TrinitySouth99 ? His area must of had some bad winds, rain/flooding. Hopefully he is fine and probably has no internet/power.

Chaz, bogieb, eatonpcat and 8 others like this.
  8. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

@wild west horses are herd animals, in your climate probably attracted by water just have hubby leave him a 5 gallon bucket of water

Chaz, bogieb, eatonpcat and 9 others like this.
  9. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

No but now wife family New Brunswick is safe; no power internet or water

Chaz, bogieb, eatonpcat and 10 others like this.
  10. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    From what I could see on the news, the west side of Newfoundland got hammered and he is on the east side. They probably still have no power and it was probably quite windy. It seems that Nova Scotia, PEI, west side of Newfoundland and the islands in the Gulf of St. Lawrence really got hit hard. I just can't imagine the mess that has to be cleaned up to just get power to homes.

11. Horkn

Horkn

Yeah, our Hayden is well over 100# now, haven't weighed him in a half year and he was close to 100 then, and he's bull headed as well. He does back off though. Every day/ week there's improvements, but he has broken tie out lines, as well as made my wife, who doesn't weigh much more than Hayden, do her best Superman flying impersonation. Apparently her landing wasn't so graceful as she cracked some ribs. Hayden did come right back though and consoled her, so there's that.

12. savemoney

savemoney

my mom's parents were both Canadians from Halifax Nova Scotia. no word yet from that side of the family as yet, but it is early on still. They are all strong as nails and will ride out most anything nature throws at them.

13. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Nothing at all in my Area, thank our lucky stars. it was a beautiful sunny day. Winds no higher than about 45 mph, which is a stiff breeze and nothing more on this island.

as predicted, it hit the southwest corner of the island hardest. There were storm surge warnings and such right across the south coast, a stretch of main road in the southeast village of St.Vincent's was wrecked despite there being a big steep hill, WITH a breakwater on top of it, between the beach and the road. They have one lane open now. First picture is right nearby there. No severe damage to homes that I've heard of around there though. Can't find any reports on south central, but after being cut off from the world by forest fires this summer, I hope they were spared this.

the southwest however......well, the pictures speak for themselves. A 73 year old woman was swept out to sea along with part of her house and perished. Another woman was swept out to sea but was fortunate enough to be rescued.

Many more displaced with homes damaged if not destroyed. Most of the damages reports seem to be from Port aux Basques, the most populous town in the area and where the ferries to the mainland dock. The ferries are running again now, but passengers must take the highway straight to and from the terminal. They only allowed truckers at first, then other passengers. some areas of Port aux Basques are still inaccessible while others are allowed to go check on their homes. I can find surprisingly few reports, good or bad from the smaller communities in the region, but 2.5 hours north, the largest city in Western NFLD, Corner Brook, was spared serious damage.

Screenshot_2022-09-25-20-08-31.png house-falling-fiona-pab.jpg hurricane-fiona-pab-footage.jpg port-aux-basques-shed-survey.jpeg fiona-s-destruction.jpg tropical-storm-fiona.jpg tropical-storm-fiona (1).jpg tropical-storm-fiona.jpeg

14. Gasifier

Gasifier

Glad to hear all is well with you our friend! Hope those with damage can get power back up soon and get things figured out about what they will do before it gets cold.

15. Erik B

Erik B

16. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

savemoney, Chaz, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  17. Lennyzx11

Lennyzx11

Pulled the flannel lined pants out this morning with a temp of 40 to start here in Southern Vermont.
    Been busy but not working on the stack.
    Let’s see….

Installed the automatic chicken coop door. Get this. It uses your phone or a computer screen to program. Push button sequence , hold phone in front of sensor, phone goes into a flashing fit and tada it’s set. Ain’t technology grand. And I thought I was high speed when I tied a cord to the old door that ran over to the outside so I could open close it without going in the run all those years ago.

Went up towards CanadianbordersVts neck of the woods and got a chain mortiser for my attempt at some timber framing I’m about to start. It was expensive (to me) but one of those “it’s justified” purchases. I hope..

Cleaned the garden out and fixed the sagging gate. When I took the tractor load of weeds down to the place where I pile brush up I noticed a nice looking blowdown ash but it’s hung up in another one. I’ll get my new portable winch out (another “it’s justified “) and try to pull it down. Seen some deaders to tend to also so it’ll take a day or two to work up that little area. Start of hoard for 2025’s season.

When I went out to check on the super technological chicken coop door, I grabbed a carrier full of wood and brought in and woke the Lopi up for the first fire of the season.
    Living room went from 62 to 82 in an hour. I got the “bit much?” look from her majesty.

Full weekend of it but the drive was 6 hours with an audio book was relaxing. And coming home with a new(to me) tool!

Best wishes to all as the season starts.
    Lenny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Lady has Mange again:headbang:
    Vet says out of regular med; they stopped making it Best suggestion is Serresto collar down side is some dogs have bad reactions to them!

My old arthritic Shepherd won’t stop killing foxes!

19. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, a lot of those damages out west will be no quick fix.

20. Sourwood

Sourwood

Some fun news! I was informed by the State Sons of the American Revolution that i am to receive their Community Service award. I was nominated by a member who is also a brother in our Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War.

A nice way to kick off my last few months of service. Oh, and I filed my pension papers today. Now, get to sending me my money!

Midwinter, Horkn, Chaz and 13 others like this.