In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

pants - fleece/flannel lined

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by In the Pines, Sep 9, 2022.

1. In the Pines

In the Pines

What brand do you like to wear? and how well have they held up?
    Considering either carhartt , duluth or ?
    No experience with anything duluth except the pants are now foreign made.
    Anyone else out there have USA pants?
    I have a carhartt coat but I'm kind of disappointed in how well it has held up over the years.
    I'm staying away from wranglers and dickies. I have 1 pair of dickies and they barely lasted a year.
    Pictures of wranglers after 1 month didn't instill confidence.

2. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

I have 3 pairs of fleece lined jeans from Menards. Whatever their house brand is. I'm sure they aren't made in the US. I've picked them up on sale for $10. I only wear them on weekends as I don't need lined jeans for my office job but I've been very happy with them. I can't say how they would hold up if worn all day every day.

3. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Wrangler fleece lined jeans went crotchless in less than a year.
    RK house brand for past 2-3 years, but limited use due to lower back issues, so can’t report durability… but comfortable as all get out- unlike their regular house jean offerings.

4. lukem

lukem

I just put on some thermals under my jeans iffin it gets cold enough....that way I can buy whatever jeans I want and wear them when it's warm out too.

5. fuelrod

fuelrod

If you're stuck on USA made, I've bought some bibs from Roundhouse, the manufacturer out of Oklahoma.
    I'm too hard on my clothes to spend the big bucks on. They opened a Deluth not too far away and I was curious. Lmao walking up and down the aisles seeing the price of "work clothes". Yuppy work clothes with yuppie prices.

6. In the Pines

In the Pines

I'm not stuck on made in usa. would be nice. as far as duluth goes I kind of picked that up from the more recent reviews vs when they first came out.
    I'm not paying that price for a china made either.

7. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

I wear Duluth jeans at work and get good wear out of them. But mine are the stretchy pants. I catch them when they are 25% off or when they have a sale. Buddy seems to like the Duluth fleece ones.

8. JimBear

JimBear

I also wear the Duluth flex for casual & the Firehose Cargo for outdoor work.

The flex pants are lightweight & very comfortable but not made for rugged outdoor environments, they are cool but rip/tear easily.

The Firehose pants are very tough & hold up well to limbs, fences & rugged environments.

They often go on sale for 25% off, as Chvymn99 said.

If I need something for colder weather I just pull on a pair of Carhartt uninsulated bibs, they last me years in rugged environments.

If I get too hot I can take them off & the Duluth pants are heavy enough to stop the wind & still keep me warm.

9. mike bayerl

mike bayerl

I'm originally from SE Michigan, so I'm a huge fan of Carhartt. I'm not surprised they are made outside USA now. Madsen's ( has several brands of logger jeans made in USA at decent prices (see pages 42-45 here http://www.madsens1.com/PDF/22v1catweb.pdf?). I would suggest calling them for their experiences. They are super helpful.

10. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

I've owned a pair of flannel lined Dickies for several years now. I'd say for medium duty they have held up perfectly. I don't abuse but I do use and I have not had any type of failure.

11. In the Pines

In the Pines

I have thermals and bibs and coveralls. I"m just looking for - run outside for 15-60 mins grab some wood, walk the dog, scrape the snow off etc etc and I don't need to layer up.
    I have a pair of heavyweight fleece sweats that I was given years ago that I use for this purpose.
    I've never been a fan of sweatpants really and definitely not anything I'd wear to leave the house.
    I just want to avoid china made.

12. fuelrod

fuelrod

I'm a late comer to plastic underwear ie; underarmor type polypropylene/polyester. I worked with a bunch of young guys that swore by them but I refused to spend the money for a silly insignia. Then I stumbled across the same plastic clothes just without the name. I was convinced quickly, and to think about all those years of wool and cotton....3" thick and barely able to move.:rofl: :lol:
    A pair of these plastic long John's and some regular Jean's is now a whole new ballgame. :thumbs:

13. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I wear them for extra padding on the knees more than warmth..

14. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I used to get Cabelas but changed to Carrharts and wear them all winter long. I usually start wearing them in October-April. They fit decently and don' wear out fast like some others.

In the Pines likes this.
  15. Sourwood

Sourwood

I have a couple pair of Dickies flannel lined that I wear doing light chores on windy cold days. They seem to do well at keeping the wind at bay. A pair of Stihl insulated chainsaw pants I got at a local auction for cheap.

a pair of fleece lined denim pants that I wear on dangerous cold days if I need to do something outside for a good while. Great for walking around in the snow, fighting cabin fever.

Insulated Carhart for the labor. I use my legs too often to lift and shove. My pants would look like crud if I did cutting work with them.

In the Pines likes this.
  16. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Here’s 25% off the lined pants…

72934599-F368-45A3-9F3C-FADA9289A34C.png

In the Pines likes this.