In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ford 4000

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by jo191145, Aug 23, 2022.

  1. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,234
    Likes Received:
    50,440
    Location:
    Ct
    yeah painting rubber hoses is never a good idea. I didn’t see any photos of spark plugs but that tractor was made in both gas and diesel.
     
    Screwloose and brenndatomu like this.
  2. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2015
    Messages:
    12,546
    Likes Received:
    61,489
    Location:
    Taconic Range
    and in 1965 they went to a square hood...i realize they had both gas and diesel....looks like a gasser to me
     
    Screwloose and jo191145 like this.
  3. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2015
    Messages:
    12,546
    Likes Received:
    61,489
    Location:
    Taconic Range
    Possible it was a carry over.. ford did alot of weird stuff...but most likely the advertiser read the SN# wrong
     
    Screwloose and jo191145 like this.
  4. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,234
    Likes Received:
    50,440
    Location:
    Ct
    Anyway it sold in one day. It was a good price for this area. I’m just not mechanical enough to deal with the risk. Or to put it differently, I could do it but I don’t want to :)
     
    Screwloose and brenndatomu like this.
  5. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,634
    Likes Received:
    33,307
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I went to look again but the
    pictures are gone. I looked pretty good before and danged if I could see any evidence pointing either way.
    You must have good eyesight!!
     
    brenndatomu and jo191145 like this.