Not really a tractor guy. Saw this and thought it was a good deal. Tractor seems to have plenty of juice to run a small to medium chipper. Stuck clutch can usually be jerked free,,,no? Should I assume if it can pick that concrete block the hydraulics are in good working order? May not be able to test the bucket. My tractor guy says it’s not worth it. Of course he’s willing to pay $80,000 for a toy whereas I’m not. What say the pros here?
Jerking a stuck clutch is hazardous for the equipment. Sometimes a cake knife can be used through the inspection cover. Seems like it is priced like it's ready to go to work not be messed around with.
In today's world that's a pretty good deal if it basically works, especially with the loader. Those older tractors are pretty easy, and relatively cheap to work on.
Maybe. Do I really need it? No not really. It seems like a good deal if it’s as simple as giving it a tow and jerking the clutch free. The pay loader would come in handy around here. Eventually get a wood chipper for it. You’ve seen all the piles of branches in the woods around here. Women clean the forest floor nicely but I’m not a fan of all the brush piles.
well,,,, it’s Ct prices Everything is at a premium in this state. Except for bulk firewood sales dangit. May I ask what the hazard is? Been looking online. If it’s not a simple stuck clutch that can be popped free the job becomes much harder. Not really looking for a project. I pop my Chevy yard trucks clutch free a couple times a year when it doesn’t get used enough. I even do it by myself which is where the hazard comes into play LOL Froze a brake on the JD MT last year by leaving it outside for awhile. That was harder to pop loose than the truck clutch. Took some good yanking.
OCD thing with them? Im surprised they dont just disperse them neatly so not an eyesore in piles. Even using loppers too. More or less what i do in my woods, but i dont go down there a lot. I want ride on it when you get it and a ride up the conveyor too!
According to them if you leave them scattered the bittersweet loves to grow in between. Those women just don’t lop them off. They pull all the roots. Crazy.
Basically do to the gearing in the drive you have to beat the crap out of it in order to get any usable torque/shock at the clutch. Better to tie the clutch down and drive it around changing engine revs. Best is a cake knife.
Is that gas or diesel? And which trans does it have...several options there too, some better than others. And I agree that price would be fair if everything worked fine...not a great "project" price though.
If you're happy with the price maybe negotiate a deal if HE breaks the clutch loose and you can drive it around in all the gears. I've seen worn out clutches get jammed up when the friction material came loose. Splitting a tractor while not a disaster is still a bit of a pita.
Thanks folks. I think I’ll pass on this. Good point about the loader. That really would be a PIA for me to deal with. Would be a fun toy. Would also up my to do list exponentially. That list is already long enough, no idea what I was thinking.
On your Chevy yard trucks, why not place a board or something between the clutch pedal and the seat or steering wheel to keep the clutch free? Doesn't need to be pressed all the way, just enough.
I don't blame you for passing... My old Ferguson has been a workhorse over the years, but the clutch in it is getting to the bitter end and I'm not looking forward to splitting it. I split an old 9N frankenstein several years ago for a full rebuild and it wasn't too bad when I was a younger man... These days, changing the clutch on a chainsaw is all I want to tackle... LOL
Not a bad idea. At this time the clutch is shot. We’re approaching the time of year when it sees use. I’ll probably try to bleed the clutch cylinder and see if I can get a little more use out of it. If I had my way I’d have the scrap yard take it. Brake lines have been rotted off for years. My dump trailer will do anything it can do. It’s the sister who wants it around. Claims the trailer is too low for tossing wood off.