In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Was given a DR trimmer/ mower.. now to get it running

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Horkn, Aug 20, 2022.

  1. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,278
    Likes Received:
    58,474
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Congrats Tom...you SUCK!
     
    Horkn, Eric VW and brenndatomu like this.
  2. Sandhillbilly

    Sandhillbilly

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2019
    Messages:
    4,261
    Likes Received:
    30,744
    Location:
    North central Nebraska
    I have that same Delta saw, one of my more proud auction purchases, $30
    Yep they’s heavy
     
    Horkn and brenndatomu like this.
  3. Skier76

    Skier76

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2014
    Messages:
    3,080
    Likes Received:
    17,009
    Location:
    CT and SoVT
    Congrats!

    I bought a large spool of Oregon line off Amazon. Always good to have extra on hand.
     
    Horkn, brenndatomu and Eric VW like this.
  4. DNH

    DNH

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2015
    Messages:
    778
    Likes Received:
    3,744
    Location:
    Missouri
    Some people suggest soaking the line in water to make it last longer/be less brittle. I never saw much difference. After 1 season I went to a strait shaft Sthil weed eater. While it may not be as powerful it’s 10x faster being able to stand and pivot on steep slopes.

    Now that I’m back on flat land I may break them out again for wife/kids to use.
     
    Skier76, Horkn and brenndatomu like this.
  5. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,453
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    The manual says to soak the cords in water to make them more pliable when installing. Idk, I installed New cords just fine without soaking.
     
    Skier76 and brenndatomu like this.