Ok it’s red oak. Is this what they call a pecker pole? Had an ugly pine log to deposit in the forest. Figured I might as well make a withdrawal while I’m riding through. 4 WD is a good thing. ATV felt like one of those Gravely tractors all the way home. The things we do for fun. Stick is dry as a bone but solid. Tons more where that came from.
That reminds me of an old 3 Stooges bit. Be careful with the swing of that log, when turning. Having it up like that, makes for easy cutting.
Rest assured I’ve noticed LOL. I take the easy route even if it’s longer. Transport all the logs to the splitter and buck them up right next to the log lift.
Yep, you know you are a hardcore firewood hoarder when you openly admire another mans nice straight hardwood!
When it comes to humor one could say I left the door open for you guys. Considering the route you’re taking I’m not gonna say that