In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Rubber gloves for dirty work

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Yawner, Jun 27, 2022.

  1. Yawner

    Yawner

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2015
    Messages:
    2,128
    Likes Received:
    11,914
    Location:
    Louisiana
    Can anyone recommend gloves for dirty/greasy/oily work? I have never used, have no idea what to buy. I saw some 5 mil nitrile gloves but the box was too large, I didn't want to buy that many and don't even know what I need. Working with chainsaws, dirty chains and whatnot or for working on a tractor. Sometimes I just wish I would have had rubber gloves on, my nails get nasty, lol, and then it takes days for them to clean up.
     
  2. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,698
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    I have tried pretty much all of them. These seem to hold up the best. image.jpg
     
  3. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,698
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    25330112-2767-4BC4-AC7A-CEB55D4F1303.jpeg These are my second choice.
     
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,742
    Likes Received:
    214,859
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    I generally use the same ones i have for all purpose work. Latex coated stretch gloves. I have a pair in the shop just for that purpose...when i work on saws.
     
  5. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,851
    Likes Received:
    121,359
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    These ones are great. Textured for some grip with slippery stuff.
    BB54182E-E6F3-45BE-BCA3-1B6F35C8CDA0.jpeg
    1F10EE3D-1B0C-4226-9B32-0FADD491D33F.jpeg
     
  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,327
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    I'm thinking that this guy doesn't have dirty fingernails. :whistle:

    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

    [​IMG]
     
  7. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    Just slippery ones.:whistle:
     
  8. Cash Larue

    Cash Larue

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2019
    Messages:
    2,531
    Likes Received:
    21,012
    Location:
    Pine, CO
    Those are the ones we use on medical calls at work. They seem to hold up well.
     
  9. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,632
    Likes Received:
    33,293
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I use different ones depending on what I'm doing but my all time favorite are the 5 1/2 mil blue nitrile gloves from McMaster.
    They offer up to 3XL and you can slip them on and off several times.
    Rather impressive list of things that won't touch them.
    Slightly pricey if you toss them every use.
     
    Chvymn99 and Cash Larue like this.