In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Now there is an acquired taste.

Dpopps, imacman, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  2. Earl764

Earl764

I’ve heard the same, but as someone who used to drink a shot of worcestor sauce before bed I’ll be quiet.

3. gbreda

gbreda

ayuh

4. schoondog

schoondog

This is just what I wanted to hear. Sucks that I now am having well issues and I may need to spend a boat load of cash on a new well.:bug:

Doggy

5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Good, fewer words.

IHATEPROPANE and imacman like this.
  6. gbreda

gbreda

damm Doggy, one thing after another really sucks. I know it all too well.

Hope your water issues dont end up being major.

My mini split system was installed last week. Havnt really tested it yet as the weather has not called for it.

Even with a fairly straight forward install of 3 inside heads, it took 2 techs 2.5 days for install plus an electrician for 1 day. 2 heads were really simple on the back wall of the house (2nd floor install), plus 1 was run through the basement rear to front and installed on a front wall.

I would think someone that is mechanical and good with electrical (220v line had to be run to the compressor)and doing a simple 1 or 2 head install could do it as long as you have the tools required for vacuuming the lines for seal testing as well as evacuating them for moisture.

Like everything else cost is much higher than I had hoped for but it also has a 12 year warranty on the system with the installing co providing 5 years total protection (1 yearly maint/tune included)

7. BHags

BHags

8. imacman

imacman

:( Oh man......when it rains, it pours. Fingers crossed it might not be as bad as you think.

IHATEPROPANE, jtakeman and gbreda like this.
  9. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

I've lived here my whole life and never tried Moxie. What's really going to upset some people is: I don't like lobster either.

IHATEPROPANE, BHags, jtakeman and 6 others like this.
  10. gbreda

gbreda

I dont dislike lobster, but will take a good steak over it.

IHATEPROPANE, BHags, jtakeman and 4 others like this.
  11. Dpopps

Dpopps

Me either, but my oldest did and I got a crab roll Screenshot_20220622-211105_Gallery.jpg

12. Dpopps

Dpopps

It's really good, I found more today.

13. Dpopps

Dpopps

Decided to cancel and skip mass and stay in Maine, so many mountains to climb and trails to hike. Screenshot_20220622-211120_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220622-211139_Gallery.jpg

14. Dpopps

Dpopps

I just tossed some steak on the campfire for a late evening snack.

15. bogieb

bogieb

The stuff for the head for my office runs thru my basement too. I've seen pictures where companies ran them around the outside, which not only is unsightly, doesn't make sense to me (and by my Google found doctorate on the subject :Dit reduces efficiency). But then again, my basement is unfinished.

Don't worry, looks like you should get to test it out this weekend.

16. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:( Something we worry about too. Hope it isn't too bad! I'd check to see if your town/state might have an assistence program?

:popcorn:

X2 I only eat the tail as a side with my steak.

17. scajjr2

scajjr2

A followup to my post on Fallons Home & Hearth not having pellet delivery.

Saw last week they changed the web site to say limited delivery options, so I called to see what they had. Got sent to voice mail, left a message. 2 days later still no callback, left another vm. No call as of yesterday so as we were going to be out for Lori's doc appointment we swung by on the way home.

The guy in the pellet sales says to us that they currently don't have a driver OR A TRUCK. Seems their driver (an older guy) bought their truck in 2020 after he unretired and went back to work for them. (I know in summer 2020 they were training some kid when we got our pellets delivered and he was terrible). The old guy was back last year. Then over this past winter HE DIED. So Fallons now has no truck to even hire a driver for.
    Sales guy says they are negotiating with someone to do deliveries but no deal is in place yet and may not happen. Said we should call back in a week to see what is going on. Also said he had no idea what the delivery fee could even be (was $75, he suggested it could double). Also said they don't have service techs to handle the work they need to do either.
    Would have been nice to get a phone call telling us all this instead of us having to drive over but we all know the sate of modern day customer service- mostly non-existent.

A few weeks ago I had spoken with Henry at McManus. He said he might be able to bring 2 tons (Matras) on his little trailer or something but Kingston was a bit far out for him to bring out his bigger truck for a delivery. He didn't really seem to even want to bring the 2 tons out so I decided to not bother. He kept saying how he's a one man operation with the pellets.

So went over to East Coast Lumber in Hampstead this morning as they are the next closest place with Vermont pellets. Ordered 3 tons ($360/ton same as Fallons) $74 delivery fee, being delivered July 6 or 7. They charge $60 if they just drop them in the driveway, $74 to put them in a shed, garage, etc.

Gas prices around us have dropped in the past week or so down to $4.74-$4.79/gal.

sam

18. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Updated

Dead pest count
    Tree rats 10 4 red and 6 grey, chipmunks 9.... still have more of each.

IHATEPROPANE, imacman and billb3 like this.
  19. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Summer has arrived.....Been in the low 80's F here at the ranch the past few days.
    By the weekend in the 90's they say.

Fired the AC up day before yesterday and the old Girl is gittenerdone.
    The little "Tune up" we gave it a few weeks ago got things happy.

Vent temps closest to the Air handler running right at 50/52 F
    This is a good working spot....Any colder and an "ice up" of the A coil is possible, especially if it gets real humid (Not common...buttttttttt) or if the air filter gets dirty....

Looks like we're gonna get one more season out of this beast (28 years now)

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and jtakeman like this.
  20. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

Native New Englander here. I don’t eat lobster either (cockroach of the sea) or any other shellfish or seafood….I’ll take a big Ribeye any day….