In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Memorial Day Weekend.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by MikeInMa, May 28, 2022.

  1. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,856
    Likes Received:
    114,853
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Please take some time to remember the fallen and injured service members that allow you the opportunity to be who you are.
    IMG_20220528_091124.jpg

    Deployed at the bottom of my driveway, a few days ago.

    Please enjoy your weekend and be safe.
     
    eatonpcat, Softwood, Ron T and 15 others like this.
  2. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,564
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    War heroes that we don't often talk about are people behind the scenes. Here is a clip about one hero who lived his faith.

    Who Was Desmond Doss?
     
  3. tree killer

    tree killer

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2015
    Messages:
    2,463
    Likes Received:
    16,916
    Location:
    Central me
    There’s a movie about him out a few years ago. Hacksaw ridge. I don’t know how factual it is though.
     
  4. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,563
    Location:
    SE Mass
    There's a guy down the street that does the Rucking for Veterans thing all year round.
     
  5. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,564
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I didn't see the movie but I read the book it was based on. His faith in his Lord and Saviour was so strong.
     
  6. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,856
    Likes Received:
    114,853
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    I walked to our town's center for a small-town parade and observance of Memorial Day.

    They stop at multiple monuments around the center.

    IMG_20220530_082728.jpg

    IMG_20220530_084636.jpg
     
    yooperdave, Chaz, M2theB and 5 others like this.
  7. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,654
    Likes Received:
    39,102
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    I gave a call to the daughter of my best man who was killed in Nam. I had to let her know her dad is not forgotten.