In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★☆ HiPa chain review

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by ammoaddict, May 26, 2022.

1. ammoaddict

ammoaddict

I have purchased several HiPa brand products through Amazon. Have been happy with all of them. I never left reviews for any of them. HiPa now has their own website. I got a chain for my 6100. Received email from them saying the would give me a free chain if I did a review. So here it is. IMG_20220524_162231558_HDR.jpg

Came in a sturdy reusable box.

IMG_20220524_162201818_HDR~2.jpg

Chain looks like good quality. It was sharp but not prick your finger and draw blood sharp. I put it on the saw, tightened it pretty snug since it was new. Made about 6 cuts in a blown down pine. Went through it like butter. I noticed it had stretched quite a bit. I took a picture before I snugged it back up. Made a few more cuts. It stretched a bit more. Snugged it back up and finished cutting. It didn't stretch any more and still cut just as good as when I started. Couldn't tell it dulled any. I touched it up with a file just to see how it filed. It's not as hard as Stihl, but not soft either. I am happy with it so far.
    If you catch them on sale, they are a good value. They just had a 30 percent off sale and right now until June 3 they have a buy one get one half off sale.
    Here is the link to their website.

Hipa | Quality Replacement Parts | Small Engine Parts

Here is the picture of the first stretch after 6 cuts.
    IMG_20220525_155219391~2.jpg

I got one of their .325 chains awhile back and it's holding up well. As long as they are on sale, they are a pretty good value.

Eggshooterist and eatonpcat like this.
  2. chris

chris

looks to all chisel type vs semi chisel

3. buzz-saw

buzz-saw

Safety Chain = What fun is that.
    Trying to make one of the most dangerous tools in the shed safe probably not for me.

Seriously though , I would be interested to see your review on the performance.

Never even heard of them.
    I will check their website to see what Hipa is all about.

4. ammoaddict

ammoaddict

They are adding more items to their website as they become available. The full chisel cuts good and stays sharp as long as you don't hit the ground with it. I know they have semi in 3/8lp, that's what they sent me free for doing the review. They say they have skip chain coming in the next month or two. They also say their chain is made from German steel and assembled in China. I have no idea if that is true or not. It is pretty good chain, not as good as Stihl or Husqvarna xcut. I like it better than the loop of Carlton I replaced with it. I have had some Oregon chain that is better and some that is worse.

Eggshooterist likes this.
  5. ammoaddict

ammoaddict

The funny thing is, it says that and then gives you warnings about kick back. It's really not safety chain. Lol. The only reason I tried the first one was it was on sale at a good price. Some of the regular prices they show, I would never have bought it. You can find good deals on Oregon chain sometimes on Amazon and Walmart website.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2022
  6. Eggshooterist

Eggshooterist

I've used their carbs on those oil test trimmers I ruin. They all worked well. I have their full set of carb adjustment tools. The only one that doesn't fit is the mini D my Echo Backpack blower uses.

ammoaddict likes this.
  7. ammoaddict

ammoaddict

I have used a couple of their carbs too. I have a few of their adjustment tools. I didn't even know they had chain until a couple months ago.

Eggshooterist likes this.