Fresh from the salt pond. (There are leftovers and I think the last ferry leaves in 5 minutes) Dug another gallon today. Made some sauce and cooked up some linguini. Sink shot. A bunch of cherrystones. 49 made a gallon. And some onions and tomatoes. Huge pile of sweet clam meat. And all sauced. As sweet as could be for bread dipping. And of course no plate shots. Just the dead boys. Sorry.
I have a bad case of CAD. Clam Acquisition Disorder. However I will soon be in remission as this vacation has one day left to it.
The self service farm stand was selling tomatoes like these for $1.00 each last week but they are 50 cents today. Looks like I have brought down the price of clam sause.
Suddenly the seafood that gets flown into Pittsburgh at great expense seems pale and depressing, and I realize that it's been too long since I've seen the ocean.
Paul Bunion, that looks delicious. Next time try this: Steam/boil the clams in about a quart of water, 1 beer (preferably dark), 1/2 cup of olive oil, stick or two of butter, a bunch of fresh garlic chopped up, and a bunch (can't add too much) of chopped celery, a few sprinkles of Old Bay spices, a sprinkle of oregano. Last but not least, add in a handful (more than you would think you need) of fresh sliced Jalapeño peppers. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 or 10 minutes. Make sure you have some French or Italian bread to go with it and eat the clams like a pile of steamed clams, but also drink the broth like a soup.