In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Avain flu spreading in various animals

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, May 12, 2022.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,005
    Likes Received:
    312,369
    Location:
    Central MI
  2. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,578
    Likes Received:
    68,004
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Thanks for sharing. As someone with 8 chickens it is mildly concerning. Just one more thing to be aware of I guess. Hopefully it runs its course without too much destruction. I remember around this time last year, up and down the east coast there was some unknown virus killing wild songbirds. It was detected within 20 miles of me but I never saw any sick or dead birds at my house, thankfully.
     
  3. ReelFaster

    ReelFaster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2016
    Messages:
    2,880
    Likes Received:
    19,982
    Location:
    S.Jersey
    Same here, I've got a small flock as well!