In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Picked up a new plinker

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by bocefus78, Aug 19, 2014.

  1. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    Don't laugh at me. Don't all good threads start this way?:D

    I picked up a used hi point carbine in 9mm.
    It's already wearing an aftermarket ATI stock. Last night I stripped it down and painted the receiver shroud flat black and stripped the irons off of it. I also had a couple missing screws to track down which turned out easy to find at lowes! Amazon is sending me a knock off holo sight and a barrel shroud that looks like a suppressor. This will help the looks department for sure.

    Should be a fun and cheap little plinker for around 3 beans.

    My range is 75yds max so a $900 plus 223 fun gun isn't justifiable for me right now.

    All the interwebz guys say these little things despite their bad rap by brand, are reliable as heck.

    We shall see I guess.

    Pics posted once completed. ..it's a pile of pieces currently.

    :rootintootin:
     
  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Nice pickup. Looking forward to pics soon. Let me know when you want to dump the .380 brass, I can take em anytime.
     
  3. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Hi-Point customer service is pretty good. Watch your firing pin, they bend rather easy but they'll send you a new pin free of charge.
     
  4. Cut4fun

    Cut4fun

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2014
    Messages:
    1,941
    Likes Received:
    3,571
    Location:
    OHIO Redneck
    I think the 9mm pistol still has Mansfield Ohio on it. I work in that town too. I used to know what was on the others but have forgotten. The owner of company used to live close to me as a crow flys.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Point_Firearms

    Bro said $269 is his norm on them.

    [​IMG]
     
  5. Cut4fun

    Cut4fun

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2014
    Messages:
    1,941
    Likes Received:
    3,571
    Location:
    OHIO Redneck
    Just so you can shop prices when looking at these. Bro's stash.
    New Hi-Points....9mm Carbines $269.99 9mm handguns $149.99 .45 ACP Carbine $289.99 .45 ACP handgun $169.99 All prices are before taxes or shipping.
    [​IMG]
     
  6. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    Still waiting on my fake can, rail, and forward grip but here it is so far. 20140820_180811.jpg

    This one has Mansfield Ohio stamped on it. Are some made overseas now?
     
  7. Cut4fun

    Cut4fun

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2014
    Messages:
    1,941
    Likes Received:
    3,571
    Location:
    OHIO Redneck
    I havent heard that. But who knows.

    My fav Ohio made Rocky boots are now made in China. :zip::doh:
     
  8. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I have the C9. Reliable as anything