In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

clocks forward

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by clay shooter, Mar 27, 2022.

  1. clay shooter

    clay shooter

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2017
    Messages:
    1,419
    Likes Received:
    7,323
    Location:
    ENGLAND
    our was today when is yours forward.
     
  2. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,754
    Likes Received:
    224,674
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    About 2 weeks earlier.
     
  3. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,564
    Likes Received:
    76,422
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Ours started on March 13
     
  4. JimBear

    JimBear

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2020
    Messages:
    3,610
    Likes Received:
    22,247
    Location:
    Iowa
    Fortunately the deadbeats in Washington DC quit arguing long enough to be civil & do something productive. They have voted to do away with the time changes, it goes into effect in 2023 I believe.
     
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,551
    Likes Received:
    141,592
    Location:
    US
    Hope it doesn’t get thrown out… I hadn’t heard that it was 100%.
    Is it in fact a done deal Jim?
     
  6. JimBear

    JimBear

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2020
    Messages:
    3,610
    Likes Received:
    22,247
    Location:
    Iowa
    I thought I read that it passed the house & senate but I may be mistaken. I will do some more checking
     
  7. JimBear

    JimBear

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2020
    Messages:
    3,610
    Likes Received:
    22,247
    Location:
    Iowa
    I am full of beans. The Senate unanimously passed it but the House of Reps are dragging their feet.
     
  8. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,551
    Likes Received:
    141,592
    Location:
    US
    Ahhh, ok- that’s where it was when I heard last.
    Thanks for re-checking! :handshake:
     
  9. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,869
    Likes Received:
    114,956
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    I'm all for keeping the clock changes as is.

    It doesn't affect me, and it provides me with entertainment twice a year as I read and listen to people complaining about it. :p
     
    bogieb, clay shooter, jrider and 3 others like this.
  10. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,000
    Likes Received:
    312,327
    Location:
    Central MI
    Perhaps I should make a new motion here? I move we throw the clocks out the window, or at least all the alarm clocks.
     
  11. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,659
    Likes Received:
    39,131
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    I object:whistle:. Us retired guys still need one so we can get to church on time on Sundays:thumbs:
     
  12. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,000
    Likes Received:
    312,327
    Location:
    Central MI
    There is always the possibility of a swift kick where it would count. :rofl: :lol:
     
  13. Erik B

    Erik B

    Joined:
    May 12, 2015
    Messages:
    5,659
    Likes Received:
    39,131
    Location:
    Western Wisconsin
    I don't kick myself too often. I am the one to get up and turn off the alarm on Sundays.:handshake: