In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Trail Work

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Oct 4, 2013.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    More trail work was done today, I cut all the downed stuff back behind trees 2 & 3 so this part of the trail is wider.

    Pics 8126 & 27 are after I was done hauling the junk wood to the wood dump. Pic 8111-003 & 8126 is a before & after pic.
     

    Attached Files:

    fishingpol likes this.
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Pic 8083 is before & 8109 is after, another 10 -15 hours of trail work then I'll call it a year unless more comes down. I limbed up some trees so we would have more clearance & removed a chit load of dead wood.
     

    Attached Files:

    fishingpol likes this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I did more dead wood clean up from the edges of the trails, another good 8 hours of work on the trails and they should be sled ready.

    I cleaned the saw in front of the rhino on Friday after clearing some trail, put the scrench in the front then took off down the trail, when it was time for another cleaning the old mind did some back tracking, it took about 5 minutes but I found it. :emb:
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  4. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Looks great as always!! It's amazing how quickly I can forget something, glad I'm not the only one lol.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I think that I still have a scrench up on the side of a hill on a stump, it's about time I check, it's been two years since I cut there.
     
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We hit 18.5 this morning, the pine is still doing the trick.
     
    Locust Post and papadave like this.
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The pine needles I put down in this area are doing the trick, it stopped the erosion and with all the rain they're packing down nice, well worth the effort.
     

    Attached Files:

    milleo likes this.