Don't laugh at me. Don't all good threads start this way? I picked up a used hi point carbine in 9mm. It's already wearing an aftermarket ATI stock. Last night I stripped it down and painted the receiver shroud flat black and stripped the irons off of it. I also had a couple missing screws to track down which turned out easy to find at lowes! Amazon is sending me a knock off holo sight and a barrel shroud that looks like a suppressor. This will help the looks department for sure. Should be a fun and cheap little plinker for around 3 beans. My range is 75yds max so a $900 plus 223 fun gun isn't justifiable for me right now. All the interwebz guys say these little things despite their bad rap by brand, are reliable as heck. We shall see I guess. Pics posted once completed. ..it's a pile of pieces currently.
Nice pickup. Looking forward to pics soon. Let me know when you want to dump the .380 brass, I can take em anytime.
Hi-Point customer service is pretty good. Watch your firing pin, they bend rather easy but they'll send you a new pin free of charge.
I think the 9mm pistol still has Mansfield Ohio on it. I work in that town too. I used to know what was on the others but have forgotten. The owner of company used to live close to me as a crow flys. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Point_Firearms Bro said $269 is his norm on them.
Just so you can shop prices when looking at these. Bro's stash. New Hi-Points....9mm Carbines $269.99 9mm handguns $149.99 .45 ACP Carbine $289.99 .45 ACP handgun $169.99 All prices are before taxes or shipping.
Still waiting on my fake can, rail, and forward grip but here it is so far. This one has Mansfield Ohio stamped on it. Are some made overseas now?