In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Thinking of getting a small electric saw

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by sirbuildalot, Feb 25, 2022.

1. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

Any of you guys use this saw? Could be handy for small branch work or bucket type work

lithium ion saw

I know Makita is no longer going to make gas saws. I assume the battery saws will still be made.

2. Yawner

Yawner

I have never seen that one! Interesting n price is good. I have bragged on Mikita battery saws but only on paper, never owned one. Love my Husky battery saw, used it today lots.

edit… wonder if Makita batteries work with it.

3. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

I’d assume they do. This dealer is in Brooklyn CT. Nice guy. I’ve bought two Dolmars from him in the past. My 7900 and my 5100

amateur cutter likes this.
  4. Skier76

Skier76

A guy in our snowmobile club had a small battery Stihl at a cleanup we did last winter. It was a nice saw and very handy for smaller wood. My wife actually wants one now. LOL.

Eckie likes this.
  5. firewoodbuckenman

firewoodbuckenman

I bought a Hart 12 inch 20 volt battery powered chainsaw, it has been really good for limbing and even with getting close to the ground on 4 inch tough bush removal.
    Price at Walmart was $154 for the saw a 4amp 20volt battery and the charger, you get Walmarts 90 day to return and Hart has a three year warranty.
    If you want Harts 14 inch 40 volt saw it's there also, since i have many of Harts 20 volt tools i have lots of 20 volt batteries so am happy with the 12 inch Hart. Bush Stump cut with Hart 12 inch Li Battery Chainsaw 04022021.jpg.jpeg Hart 12 inch Li Battery Chainsaw and Bush Stump it cut 03312021.jpg.jpeg
    The main thing i would advise anyone thinking of battery powered tools is, look at the cost of the batteries and the cost of the battery chargers.
    You will quickly see it's not only the cost of the tools, it's the high cost of the batteries and their chargers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    MikeInMa, eatonpcat and OldJack like this.
  6. Rickyblazin

Rickyblazin

Seem
    seems likea great price comes with bar chain battery and charger…new husquvarna electrics are like 1000 dollars with all the stuff

7. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

Hey the makita battery saws work well they usually run some spring specials with the saw charger and 2 batteries @429.00 last check also husky top of the battery line is @1000 with 2 batteries charger and carry bag they have several models the 120i homeowner 219.99 with battery and charger the 535i Without battery and charger is 449.00 then you have to add batteries and charger JB

8. GrJfer

GrJfer

I bought a Black and Decker battery saw 10 years ago. I was handy and great for ATV trail clean up. The battery's were it's down fall. They have long since lost the ability to charge and as others have mentioned they are expensive to replace. The one link does look appealing, and seems to be a fair value. I was thinking yesterday that it would be nice to have another one for those quick, small jobs.

9. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

I was just watching a YT video on how you can “recharge” old dead batteries with fresh batteries using the terminals and short jumper wires

GrJfer likes this.
  10. Buck

Buck

I have used corded electric saw for years now, it's a 16" 14.5 amp Makita UC4030A

It works well and is quiet enough not to disturb the neighbors

sirbuildalot likes this.
  11. Gavorosalini

Gavorosalini

If you are invested in an 18v battery line already, I would look at that brand first. Dewalt, Milwaukee and Makita all have small one handed saws in their lineups. I have the makita 10" and Milwaukee 6". I use the makita almost always for limbing. Its really handy with 3 or 4 batteries. It's been struggling a bit with all the hedge I've been working on, but still does the job. The Milwaukee is even lighter weight and handy as a pocket on a tshirt.

GrJfer likes this.