In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Anyone perking up a dingy stove before this winter with a little Acetone and StoveBright?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Aug 14, 2014.

  1. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Hello

    Rub down with a ragged dipped in Acetone to clean the oils and dirt and spray with Stove Bright?

    Heat really dulls the paint. I painted this stove last summer and it looks ok. Some scratches and the ash pan has some rusty spots inside. Since I had all the panels off to upgrade the combustion blower, I put them on the saw horseys outside.

    Anyone else making their stove look better and keeping the rust down with a little paint?

    I just painted the back, top and one side panel so far.

    Click pics to enlarge:
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    wildwest likes this.
  2. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I painted my Fahrenheit (inner box, not the exterior) last year and normally paint the inside every other year now. Helps keep down on the rust and prolong the life of the stove.

    I don't know if I could paint the exterior every year though?
     
  3. badbob

    badbob

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    2,482
    Likes Received:
    9,947
    Location:
    bozeman pass,park county,MT 6500'
    I'll make mine look better when I take the tools and beer cans off of it before lighting.:thumbs:But as mine is in dirt floor basement,looks mean nothing to me,runs about the same with washing your truck when you live where I do.Am doing firebox as we speak,it was due.
     
    jetjr and nate like this.
  4. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    All done
     

    Attached Files:

    wildwest likes this.