In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What are good pellets up here in Northern New York.

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Gasifier, Oct 13, 2013.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Anyone here burn pellets they get from this area around the St. Lawrence River? There is a Lowe's close by (4 miles) and a T.S.C. store (3.5 miles). There is also Curran's from Massena, NY who produce there own and have several places they supply.
     
  2. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    If you go to Lowe's & T.S.C. see what brands are available I then we can give you better advice on what to choose :)
     
  3. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Stay away from the Curran hardwood. Their softwood, however, has gotten good reviews.
     
  4. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    There is a building supply store very close to house that sell the hardwood/softwood blend for &219/ton. Any experience with them? If I want to buy the softwood I would have to drive the 43 miles to buy them at plant. I believe that is closest location to me that sells the softwood. They have quite a few dealers but most sell the blend near me.
     
  5. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Why not ask the dealer to order some for you?
     
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Good point. I will see will they say.