In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. mat60

mat60

X14 one day late. Hope you had a good Birthday.

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Are you selling tractors again?

Horkn, savemoney, Gasifier and 2 others like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

I don't understand the question? Is this a test?

Horkn, savemoney, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Glad you finally got it fixed.

Horkn, savemoney, Gasifier and 3 others like this.
  5. Backwoods Savage

I sure wish it would have stayed west of us. It is howling now.

Horkn, savemoney, Gasifier and 2 others like this.
  6. Gasifier

Gasifier

It all depends on price. I sold my John Deere 300B. Just bought that not that long ago. Was able to get a bunch of work done with it and then sell it. After adding purchase price, taxes, and transport cost. I was able to sell it for 95% of everything I had into it. Not bad.

Horkn, savemoney, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Wow, thank you for all the Birthday wishes friends! We're under the weather here so taking it easy for awhile.

Midwinter, Horkn, savemoney and 8 others like this.
  8. Theashhole

Theashhole

Doing the same here in northern Indiana, I'm sure it's not as bad as you have but definitely not normal for us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Gasifier

Gasifier

I was able to get the tire chains on my tractor today with the help of a retired neighbor friend. 5E2BEFC0-C408-445B-83E3-5EE5D6EF82F3.jpeg
    After we got them on one side we realize there wasn’t enough clearance between tire and inside metal of fender/cab. So, I had a problem to solve. Could buy a set of wheel spacers at the cost of $250, which I had done in the past, or solve the problem a different way. So I looked at the wheel and decided if we took rim and tire off, pulled the center disc out of the wheel and flipped it, and then moved that entire wheel over to the other side. Then the treads remained in the same direction. It would move the wheel out. We gave it a try and it worked !:thumbs: All ready for the snow!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    Horkn, Ohio, savemoney and 8 others like this.
  10. Gasifier

Gasifier

It is an unbelievable 62° here this afternoon. I had some time to kill. At these temperatures it’s nice for a walk. I decided to walk down to where the two rivers meet in the little city where I grew up, to see what the contractors are up to. The large toys catch my eye for some reason. :whistle:I wish I had one of these for a few days. Long reach! Two of them!

B7F577C2-A092-42F2-AA94-4E134F9AE899.jpeg E7C1C9D6-3BBE-44DF-AFC6-3A7964CFBC46.jpeg 6C3344F7-DC2D-4228-B7B3-2F7CA0BE3FD7.jpeg

11. Gasifier

Gasifier

I almost forgot about this long reach,
    285759B2-7A69-4359-B9F7-C562B52BE89A.jpeg

that makes three at one time. Don’t usually see that here. This one was taking down a building in the city. City had to take it over when someone left it and didn’t pay the taxes. It got to the point of ruin and needed to come down for safety reasons. It’s too bad, the old buildings have a lot of character. But, if no one is maintaining them, they end up coming down.

12. mat60

mat60

Hope you all get feeling better.

Midwinter, Horkn, savemoney and 4 others like this.
  13. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Thanks, we're working on it :)

Midwinter, Horkn, savemoney and 4 others like this.
  14. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Band and circle mills definitely both have their strong suits and weak suits, much like screws vs nails. We don't really have many huge logs here, so a circle mill wouldn't need a massive blade.

Horkn, savemoney, wildwest and 4 others like this.
  15. Lennyzx11

Lennyzx11

It was nice here in Southern Vermont at 62 degrees! Of course the place I want to work Is a muddy mess but taking that from my backpacking days, it’s going to be muddy or biting bugs. Usually both.

I had moved the splitter under the lean to and planned on building a wall to stack more wood and block some of the weather and snow that’s coming eventually.

Pics follow. Didn’t quite get the wall topped out. Splitter ran out of gas but chainsaw didn’t so I continued bucking rounds for tomorrow or next day till dark got a little much.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

savemoney, Horkn, wildwest and 11 others like this.
  16. Thor

Thor

Horkn, savemoney, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  17. NYCountry

NYCountry

Sure was a nice day here as well in westchester NY Mohegan lake area. Nice set up you have

Horkn, savemoney, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  18. Gasifier

Gasifier

Nice work!

mat60, Horkn, savemoney and 2 others like this.
  19. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

"The Middle of Nowhere"

"Now and then, I'll get into a conversation, with some lifelong urbanite type,
    We might speak of the weather, maybe what's new in the world, or what we've got planned for tonight.
    But occasionally, the topic turns to "where do you live?" And they'll say "why on earth do you live out there?
    Out in the middle of nowhere?"

Well I think that question would be better put, not to me, but from me to them,
    Because I was just about to ask them much the very same thing.
    Because these people live on cookie cutter streets, where you can barely tell each house apart,
    Where you look out your window, straight in through your neighbors', and there's hardly any room to park,
    Where blades of grass are outnumbered by cars, and humans outnumber the trees.
    And that's the middle of nowhere to me.

Where a traffic light can cycle 3 times, but you won't move the length of your car,
    Well at that rate, guess it's no wonder they think a 40 mile drive is so far,
    Where a brat in a civic cares more about his cell phone, than his own safety, let alone yours,
    Where the driveways are lucky to be 20 feet long, and the parking lots have about 10 floors,
    Where the scent of the air is gasoline fumes, instead of the smell of the sea,

Where your neighbor is 8, maybe 10 feet away, but you don't know who lives 3 doors down,
    Well how do you know who you have to watch out for, if you don't know the whole damm town?
    No wonder there's news of a robbery, every night on the TV,

And their idea of nature is a manicured trail, with boardwalks just like their own decks,
    And finely landscaped paths of crushed stone composing all of the rest?
    Don't get me wrong, I love swans and ducks, but do these ones realize they're free?

Where you almost need a permit to mow your own lawn, or plaster a hole in your wall,
    Where you spend less on a reno at the building supply store, than you do at city hall,
    Where there's taxes on taxes, and you can barely breathe the smog ridden air for free,

Sometimes I must venture into these streets, and I'd just as soon be in a maze,
    The houses all look like one building, they're so similar, so narrowly spaced,
    Half a million a piece, and if I were to bet, I'd say the bank owns them all,
    After all, I don't think my road is as long as the bank building downtown is tall.
    If I can ever find my way back to the highway, I'll feel like a prisoner set free.

It's crazy how someone can feel all alone, surrounded by a million of their own kind.
    I'd rather be surrounded by a million birch, juniper, spruce, fir and pine.
    2 is company, 3 is a crowd, a city damm sure don't need me.
    And that's the middle of nowhere to me."

mat60, Midwinter, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  20. billb3

billb3

It's calculated sometime in the third quarter, announced in December and checks start on Jan 1st. Jan 1st for SSDI or SSI and then the usual 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesday of the month for Social Security recipients. In short, Jan. 01, 2022. The part B health insurance went up from $148.50 to $170 something, too.

At 4:15 I watched the Amazon driver get hit by a car right in front of my house. She went flying almost the length of her (Prime) van. Hard to tell if she's OK because she was likely in shock/shook up , but she got back into her truck and stood between the two front seats and pretty much wouldn't talk to anyone much so probably no broken bones. She would only really respond to her manager on her Amazon phone. And then of course the first responders.

mat60, Horkn, savemoney and 5 others like this.