In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I was Gibiring!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Aug 12, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I went up top to start clearing a trail to that bigger downed Maple (Sugar I think) but the winds picked up so I headed to the lower part of our property for this Maple, it came down in late May of 2013.

    The bigger rounds are a lot better than the smaller rounds. The last picture is some Cherry I split a few months ago.

    I'll be back in this area so I can take care of some old stumps so we can use this for a trail when we're on the sleds.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Man that place keeps you busy
     
    Drvn4wood, thewoodlands and HoneyFuzz like this.
  3. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Busy indeed :)
     
    Drvn4wood likes this.
  4. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Some folks here at not know what "GIBIRING" is.....but some of us DO....lol

    Keep up the good work Zap, I enjoy seeing your pics and progress buddy !:thumbs:

    I may be coming up your way in October......I'll let you know....
     
    Drvn4wood likes this.
  5. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    Looks like you're having way too much fun back there! :popcorn: You're making me want to go on a hunting trip though my woods. I still have a good cord or so already up at the house waiting to be split though. :axe:Soon... :saw:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Just converstion me S.O., we'll clear the schedule.
    Swags, it's like owning a house, always work to do.
    Honeyfuzz, when we get a chance the next job will be taking down a hung up rotten Hemlock that is on a main trail, it's scheduled for Thursday.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I hear you on the splitting, I'm behind but nothing a couple of days won't take care of. Once I'm done with the Cherry I've been working on, it's time for some trail clearing for the sleds in the winter, I had planned on a few new trails but I think one will make the boss happy.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  8. Woody Stover

    Woody Stover

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,261
    Likes Received:
    3,046
    Location:
    Southern IN
    GIBIRing is more gooder! :)
     
  9. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    [ one will make the boss happy.[/quote]

    Happy wife happy life.
     
    thewoodlands and Chvymn99 like this.
  10. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    I started laughing at myself when I read the title,
    &
    That I knew what it meant :rofl: :lol:
     
    papadave likes this.
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Sad, isn't it, Dave?:rofl: :lol:
     
  12. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Yea
    Came in from stacking wood in the wood shed , raining a bit again.
    was out there thinking about gibiring. LOL :)

    I need to get a a life. LOL
     
    papadave likes this.
  13. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I like pic 24, cool shot.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  14. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    When your done gibiring, will you be sibiring at all?
     
  15. jharkin

    jharkin

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,007
    Likes Received:
    3,258
    Location:
    .
    Well I assume his gibiring included the cibiring, so then he has to sibir and sibir, and if we are following "Dennis rules" sibir in the sun and wind for at least 3 years....

    and then finally into the stove to bibir :fire:
     
  16. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    The deeeep end.......is right.....there.
    Nope, too late.
    We fell in.
    So, to summarize: we gibir, cibir, then sibir, and finally sibir, before bibir.
    Just checking, because I get confuzzled sometimes.
     
  17. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Ohhh, this is getting too funny!

    Im LMAO, reading about gibiring, cibiring, sibiring, sibiring, bibiring. Google is gonna be busy tonight. Will probably take the searchee right back to this thread!
     
    thewoodlands, papadave and jharkin like this.
  18. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    I just read all the posts
    :hair: :wacky:

    :pete:
     
    papadave and jharkin like this.
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm just reading all the post, you have me laughing. You just started a whole new language. :wacky:

    We'll need the IBIR Translator link.
     
    papadave likes this.
  20. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I almost found a few stumps with the Rhino coming through that area, they look like old Hemlock stumps, those will come out before the start of hunting season.

    We have 8 stacks or piles of splits in the woods that will need to come out before winter, we still have another four around the house so this has been a good year for building the wood inventory up.

    I'm thinking I've cut around 7 cord this year.
     
    My IS heats my home and papadave like this.