In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cross country scrounging

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Eric Wanderweg, Dec 11, 2021.

  1. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,844
    Likes Received:
    114,750
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Does this violate the generally understood law of not transferring wood across state lines?

    If it does, I for one do not care!
     
  2. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,233
    Likes Received:
    50,429
    Location:
    Ct
    I wish :) looks like some nice stuff
     
  3. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,555
    Likes Received:
    67,761
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Ya just had to go there, huh?! BUT... it’s only firewood if I burn it right? If I were to use it all for projects then it’s just wood. Which by the way is how the well intentioned gubment accidentally imported Dutch elm disease into this country. There was a ban on importing lumber after chestnut blight hit. So what happens when laws are made? Entrepreneurs step up. The ban was on lumber, not rough logs. So rough logs (loaded with diseased beetles) were brought in to skirt the laws and consequently another major species was diminished greatly. As for these 2 boxes of farwood... I’m going to sleep just fine tonight with what’s been done :cool:
     
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,750
    Likes Received:
    214,923
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
  5. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,844
    Likes Received:
    114,750
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    I figured someone would go there, so what the heck?

    Awesome exchange!:thumbs:
     
  6. Sirchopsalot

    Sirchopsalot

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2020
    Messages:
    3,151
    Likes Received:
    19,196
    Location:
    medium city in CT
    Love this place.
    I know of a couple forum members who are going to swap out smoker wood...one member is from out of state. 2 guys meeting to toss wood from one vehicle to another.
    Doesnt get too much better than that.
    Sca
     
  7. Sirchopsalot

    Sirchopsalot

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2020
    Messages:
    3,151
    Likes Received:
    19,196
    Location:
    medium city in CT
    Meh. The wood was well heated before shipping to be sure.
    In the case I referenced....the wood is from the same state, just different ends of.
    Sca
     
  8. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Why do I see this swapping firewood & related stuff turning into a "thing" here. I may start an expediting/shipping co. just for FHC members to swap stuff. Be a great way to meet fellow hoarders.
     
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,362
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    You'll probably have a hard time finding employees now-a-days. :whistle:
     
  10. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    One man & two dog show. :rofl: :lol: