In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tornadoes December 10-11, 2021

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by M2theB, Dec 11, 2021.

1. M2theB

M2theB

Seeing the news this morning about record breaking severe weather in Kentucky, Illinois, Arkansas and Tennessee. Maybe more. Terrible damage and scores of lives lost.

i know we have members in those areas and I’m sincerely hoping that yours faired well.

if ever there is a time of year to lend a hand it’s now. If ever there was illustrated need, this is it.

Stinny Christmas Story is a good motivator. If you haven’t read it, it’s recommended.

Please keep all those effected in your thoughts and prayers. If there are other ways you can lend a hand, I know it will be appreciated.

2. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Tornadoes are scary things, never mind overnight.

Let's hope all members are safe.

3. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

If any FHC members have been affected by this please let us know. We are beyond generous here! :thumbs:

4. Knothead

Knothead

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people in the paths of these terrible tornados. Early reports have estimated up to 100 dead with mass destruction. Very sad!

[​IMG]

5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Terrible. One report said one tornado stayed on the ground for 200 miles. That is amazing.

6. corncob

corncob

Had a tornado watch the other night but nothing transpired. Extremely windy today and no utility power. No big deal, we are on standby and have been for a couple hours now. NWS says 50-60 mph winds until 8PM.

7. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy

I'm in northern Kentucky, Boone County, and we were spared any major damage from winds. We had no tornadoes in our area, they were south and west of us. We did get over 2" of rain over night.

At 1:30 in the afternoon the winds here are around 30mph gusting to near 50. A lot of dead ash coming down but no power outages near us yet.

At 10am it was 62° now it's 40 and still falling, which accounts for the winds.

8. corncob

corncob

40 here to and still no power.

9. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Haven't been watching closely, but it was 58* this morning, 42* now...blowin like heck at times!
    Haven't seen much for damage in the neighborhood, but also haven't been out n about yet either...

10. tree killer

tree killer

I can’t believe that you can even get out of bed in the condition your in right now. You must be brave. That’s according to the fouxch

11. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

:rofl: :lol: :cool:
    If it weren't so danged windy out I'd be :stack::stacker::stack::axe::stack:

12. Sourwood

Sourwood

Was awaiting the bad storm forecast, and it was mild compared to KY. Power out for several hours, but back on now. Told wire to run the temperature up to 80 in case we are out again.

reading of tremendous destruction in IL and KY. Prayers to any Hoarders who were in the path

13. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Prayers for everyone affected, they were calling for wind here in Central PA but have yet to see any. Hope it stays that way.....