In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

Well, this morning FHC had 15 birthdays listed. Now there is only three. It's happenning again.

When I noticed that was about the same time I began to have issues with my computer....the favorites menu going dark. Got that taken care of, but my spell check quit working even though everything is turned on correctly. And spelling is not one of my strong points!

Coincidence? Hope so....

Anyone else notice troubles with their computers?

2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Some weeks/months back this site seemed extra glitchy, but its been ok here of late...'puter seems fine overall though...

3. Horkn

Horkn

Did you see any UFO's when the northern lights were strong the other week? 9189283.jpg

4. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    We may be the other side of the continent but we are being hammered with wind and rain again tonight.

5. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

the last couple of mornings I have had trouble posting the Happy Birthday list. Using the @ symbol before the name doesn't seem to be working at times.

6. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Yes, a lot of damage in some places out there. Not good at all.

7. bogieb

bogieb

My computer is fine - just those darn birthdays can't make up their mind.

6 BD's showing at 4:45 am eastern time. 5 haven't been on the forum since 2018 (or before) and the other hasn't been seen since January 2021. So, if I missed your BD, it's not intentional, nor is it my fault :)

Have a wonderful turkey day everyone!

8. bogieb

bogieb

I finally got the "windows" in the wall between the stairs and the living room trimmed out.

A little of the stained pieces (with extra in case of "oops")
    Stained gap strips.jpg

From the living room
    Windows to stairs from couch.jpg

From the top of the stairs
    Windows to stairs from kitchen.jpg

I'll have to carefully select what sits in them. The cats so far haven't been interested in those areas at all, but they will immediately notice and investigate whatever goes there. I think a couple of plants would do nicely, but they may turn the investigation into a play-to-death / play-to-smash-on-the-floor thing. Also, that is along the path that the pellet stove's air flow goes, so I have to be vigilant on watering if that is what I decide to do.

9. Biddleman

Biddleman

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

On deck for me is to move and stack some firewood this morning, then go to 2 different family member houses. One for dinner and the other late "dinner", which is just eating desserts. :D I like the holidays but really get tired of the running around. Especially since I have to work the next day. Then tomorrow I see everyone again for son's bday party. Guess I'm just a homebody.

Enjoy your day and watch those calories. :rofl: :lol:

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

I thought I heard sumpin during the night around that time.....:jaw:

11. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

what about hanging stain glass pieces from the top edge. You can admire them from both sides then. The trim came out looking really good.

I understand your feelings about green in the house as I have the same about pink. I was quite strong about not liking pink and it was quite a shock to have our first home (a small house trailer) come with pink stove, fridge and sink. It was the only used unit we looked at that was in good shape and could afford at the time. Fridge and stove eventually got changed out but not the sink.

12. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Same here yooperdave . And Woodwidow , if a member is not active for a certain # of years (?) the site software automatically inactivates them, for instance WWW, and I think that affects the drop down box for tagging members. That's the only possible reason I can come up with. I've been inactivated from another site 2 twice that uses this exact same software, (right down to the color scheme lol), I like to go there once in a while but seems every few years is too infrequent lol.

13. billb3

billb3

You could hang plants rather than set them. There are hooks that grab the top of the trim if you don't want to screw into the new wood.

Cooking an 18 pound turkey. Pulled the giblets and neck out in the sink and then rinsed it off. Flaunting CDC, I guess no one at CDC knows how to wash their counters and sink and hands after handling any raw meat . Just salted it lightly this year. None of the stufffing and coating with things.
    Not many coming to Thanksgiving dinner this year. I didn't even ask why, just counted heads. Turkey's too big but that's OK. I like turkey leftovers.

14. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

That looks GREAT!! And here with only one cat anything I put there would be at the bottom of the stair well pretty quick.

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:thumbs:

savemoney, Chazsbetterhalf and Horkn like this.
  16. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

bogieb that looks really nice. You have a great eye for style.. keep posting pics BUT I will only admire as my style is much less refined!!

I mean when in exec level meeting my college roommate who has a great eye, would put outfits together and pack them in suitcases telling me what tie with suit!!
    I fixed his plumbing :emb::eek:

17. Horkn

Horkn

It's been flurrying all morning. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

18. savemoney

savemoney

My computer is running sweet. I pay enough to keep it clean. Updated to windows 11 without issue. No big changes like there were with 95 and 97. I really think each version get easier to run. So much now is automatic. When I first started everything was dos. Printers were dot metrics.

19. Erik B

Erik B

We had a different Thanksgiving this year. I found out yesterday I was covid positive. Got a number of calls from the clinic today getting my antibody infusion scheduled for tomorrow. Kids didn't come down as planned. I will have to get my wife into the clinic to be tested. T dinner consisted of turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and black olives. Didn't need any spuds or other veggies. OAT is now down to 19 so the stove will be kept going tonight.
    It is good that sometimes things don't go as planned cause it makes us more thankful when everything goes as planned. God is still good.

20. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I do hope you don't get sick. Good luck to you and your family.

Chvymn99, Horkn, Erik B and 4 others like this.