In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Black locust and spider mites

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by MikeInMa, Nov 2, 2021.

  1. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,860
    Likes Received:
    114,886
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    If you saw my other thread Two reds
    You'll know I'm getting fire wood from a buddy.

    There's a couple of dead BL still standing, that I have my eyes on. My buddy said the tree service guy mentioned that the BL has spider mites.

    I know the mites will infest and possibly kill trees. The trees are already dead. Should I care about the mites? As with most bugs, I'm guessing they'll go away once the tree dies off.

    There are living BL trees nearby, that the tree service guy may have been commenting on. Or, he was wanting the BL for himself.
     
  2. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,264
    Likes Received:
    54,136
    Location:
    NC
    They will kill Juniper and I think Norfolk Island Pine