In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Chimney

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Kimberly, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Warner

Warner

So, what’s the hold up?

yooperdave likes this.
  2. Kimberly

Kimberly

Update: Talked to BIL and he thinks the suggestion that @billb3 gave will work. Thanks billb3, nice to get some help; this is what being a member of Fire Wood Hoarders club is all about. I looked on Lowe's for the weight of a three foot section of chimney but couldn't find it. I will probably go out Wednesday and buy the section of chimney and weigh it so I can let my BIL know; he might want to get some help handling it. He thinks breaking it at the tee might be best as you would have the wall brace to help.

3. Kimberly

Kimberly

Why do today what you can do tomorrow? :rofl: :lol:

4. Warner

Warner

5. yooperdave

yooperdave

Update coming........next year? :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

saskwoodburner likes this.
  6. Kimberly

Kimberly

The hold up is that I am alone here. That means waiting until I can get help. Tomorrow I am going to clean out the chimney; it was raining Saturday and Sunday I had a family event that I had to attend. Today I redid the OS on a VPS to prepare it for installing a webRTC server and a turn server and a stun server; I have to work to pay the bills. I don't have the best of backs; hurt many years ago. Most likely a damage disk by the way the pains shoot down my legs when it flares up; it has been hurting for a week now. Sitting; which I do way too much for my job, aggravates it at times. I looked on Menards and they list the shipping weight of a three foot section at 20 lbs; so 12 feet is around 80 lbs; which is not doable by me. I know because I tried lifting a 80 lb bag of concrete mix. Of course if we break at the roof eave that would be 60 lbs; still not something I think I should tackle. Good news is that BIL told me today to get the three foot section of chimney and we will figure it out. My BIL also has work to do so I have to schedule around his work as well. I don't have any friends here that can help. I had a good friend that I knew for many years; watched his daughter grow from a girl to a woman, but some ****** druggie murdered him; broke in his house and stabbed him to death.

7. Nitrodave

Nitrodave

It just keeps getting better and better…. :coffee:

8. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

:whistle:

:picard:

coreboy83 and Nitrodave like this.
  9. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Bad backs are no fun.:confused:

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

[​IMG]

woody5506 and Farmchuck like this.
  11. Ron T

Ron T

:popcorn:

12. yooperdave

yooperdave

13. Kimberly

Kimberly

I have a question about the roof guy. Will I need to add another one?

brenndatomu likes this.
  14. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Not always that simple unfortunately.:doh:

15. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Why, did your current guy quit? :whistle: ;)
    Roofers can be so unreliable! :rofl: :lol:

yooperdave and Ron T like this.
  16. yooperdave

yooperdave

Naw, just got fed up with the constant postponing and rescheduling! :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

brenndatomu likes this.
  17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Roof guy is a synonym for pipe brace/bracket. But yes, many scammers in the roofing industry too.

brenndatomu and yooperdave like this.
  18. yooperdave

yooperdave

Yup. Know that, as did brenndatomu . Just making light of an old situation. :handshake:

brenndatomu and wildwest like this.
  19. yooperdave

yooperdave

It's a crying shame about scammers. They know no boundaries. :handshake:

There's even evidence of scammers in wood burning forums!

Be careful who you donate and send stuff too, scammers will misrepresent themselves and even admit telling bald faced lies just to get what they want.

In their world, it's kinda like "the ends justify the means".......... with the exception being, "there is no end".

20. Kimberly

Kimberly

I got the pipe today. I had to wait what seemed like an hour in Lowe's; they are short on help. They had one section on the shelf. I opened the box and it was dented where it couples together. All the other boxes were up in the steel so I had to get help; If I had found one of those ladders available I would have climbed up and gotten it myself. I use to climb up on them all the time when I worked in retail at a big box place. I went to the service desk and she said she would get someone but after waiting 30 minutes I went looking again. Found a guy that called around and then directed to me a guy in plumbing. Once he was finished helping people with plumbing stuff he got one of those electric lifts and got one down for me. I checked both ends to be sure and it was good to go. I got a locking band but they didn't have any roof guys so that is a question I am wondering about; I would think I would want a guy up near the top and then one in the middle. I know I have a wall stand-off I didn't use so wondering if I can make one from it and some metal conduit. I need to clean the shed; hopefully I can find it. If not, then I might have to order one from the net. I don't see them listed at Home Depot either.

chimney-pipe.jpg