In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Erik B

Erik B

My mom had to get a different mattress like that to help keep her from falling out of bed. Part of mom's problems is she doesn't listen to what she is told to do. She is constantly trying to bend over and pick things up off the floor. She has fallen out of bed and her wheel chair doing that. She now has a wheel chair that makes it too difficult to try to reach for something on the floor. Mom broke her left leg twice in two months from falling a few years ago.

2. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Wheelchairs have seat belts. Just a thought

3. rottiman

rottiman

4. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Sorry to see that Jeff. Hope she is like me in that I bruise easily. I can have a huge bruise and will not have the slightest clue how I got it. Hope she heals quickly.

5. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Good afternoon. Got up at 6:30. Mother nature was putting on a light show. For about a half hour it was the type of lighting that lights up the whole sky. No bolts and very little thunder. They were coming one right after another.
    Have a good day.

6. Erik B

Erik B

Seat belts on wheel chairs would restrict their movement and is prohibited in WI. Same rational as not allowing bed rails to keep them from falling out of bed.

7. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

We have transport chairs for my folks that have seat belts. We've had no reason to use them, however.

8. Erik B

Erik B

Seems like every state has their own regulations:hair:

9. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    So sorry to hear about your mother's accidents. I hope they find a solution for her.

10. mat60

mat60

Good late night / Morning everyone. Got the day off from hospice and a Dr visit today. Going for food pickup to day is about it outside the home. Hope you all have a great day.

11. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, everyone.

Temps and dewpoint in upper 40's . Inside 67⁰. No fire this morning.

Hoping to run a few errands today.

Stay safe
    Stay healthy

12. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee: ... hopefully last 90 degree day till next year... ready for some cooler weather again...

13. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning, y'all. Hope y'all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY. We got the big trailer load finished yesterday, going to deliver it this morning and run a few errands while out and about. Got a couple pick-up loads to do now...enjoying a day off.
    Be encouraging, remember the Golden Rule, share a smile.
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

14. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! 46° now, high in the lower 60's, and sunny, it will be an awesome day! It'll be pick my own adventure outside for me today. Clean the shed, mow the lawn, fill the water bags around the pool... so many choices! D2O5TKb.jpg
    Happy Wednesday!

15. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Prayers for your mom.

Now about the deer. People, including me, love to see and experience the animals like this, bit PLEASE, warn your son and family. Once buck deer are in hard antler, their actions can change in a heartbeat! They one minute can show love and in a flash can kill or severely injure people and other animals.

I know of several instances where people were severely injured and a one time friend also had one in a pen that he raised from a baby. That deer had only 3 legs (one hind leg missing) but the strength of it was amazing. One day while feeding it and petting it the deer suddenly attacked him and almost killed him.

Another buck deer used to go right in a village daily but in the fall it almost killed a 6 year old girl.

Please don't let this happen!

T.Jeff Veal, mat60, Chvymn99 and 6 others like this.
  16. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

A bit cool in house this morning so a small fire in stove.

Yesterday was interesting. Went to MI SOS for renewal of driver license. Ha! Lady told me I had already done it! Funny I don't recall doing it. Another senior moment, I guess. :rofl: :lol:

17. rottiman

rottiman

18. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning, brother...:coffee::flipeggs::stirpot:I got smart this morning, cooked a full breakfast, green chili cheese grits w/2 cheeses, fried eggs and link sausage...our grandsons love some grits... 0929210725.jpg

19. Erik B

Erik B

Another beautiful day today. Finished filling the shoulder season space for 2023 yesterday and will be back to cutting more oak to be burned in another 4 to 5 years. Highs in the 80's today but low humidity and working in the woods provides lots of shade.

20. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Happy Wednesday! Cooler start and getting to the high 70s today. I managed to get most of the blowdown bucked last night. Darn tree was covered in grapevine and it made a huge mess. After I got all the limbs pulled out of the tangle, I was able to pick the whole vine up with pallet forks on the skid steer and carry it back to the burn pit. Good riddance! Bible study tonight. May have time for a mod on the Gator mirrors. Have a God day!