I've been splitting my way through my latest scrounge over the past few days. Got some decent maple but there's some gnarly stuff in there that's putting up a fight. The skeeters have been relentless as well! The wife let the dogs out and was out side for no less than 1 minute and she came in with three bites on her neck. Anyway, I've been enjoying swinging the maul and getting ready to move the seasoned stuff to make way for the new wood, and out of no where my buddy shows up with another little truckload of maple. Turns out he's taking a trip next week and wanted to finish cleaning up the damage in his yard. So I helped him unload, brought him inside, and made him dinner (egg fried rice and General Tso's chicken) Looks like I have more to work through as the weather (hopefully) starts to cool off.
It finally got to temps skeeters don't like here (at least overnight). Won't be long till they're gone.
Sounds like you are good buddies. Good to have some. It shouldn't be long before you get some good cool weather and goodbye skeeters!
I was working on wood at storage the other day and one bit me on the face! Covert move as i didnt see her come in. (note to self: be careful slapping a skeeter on your face with your glasses on) Is all that sugar maple? Some real nice firewood there RK63! Great friend bringing firewood over! What kind of supper would i get for a PU full of black locust? Thats if happen to be in the neighborhood!
It is indeed sugar maple. As far as dinner goes, what's your poison? I make a mean pasta sauce with meatballs. Over the past year I've started learning some pan-Asian dishes too, and effectively ruined myself for Chinese takeout. If you have my beef and broccoli with egg fried rice, you'll never hit the takeout place again, guaranteed.