In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Looking for recommendations on a decent stroboscope

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Screwloose, Sep 12, 2021.

  1. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,638
    Likes Received:
    33,334
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Can anyone please help me find and decide on a decent stroboscope? Preferably 110vac , digital , reasonable accuracy and designed for industrial environments.
    Any help would, as always be appreciated.
     
  2. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,163
    Likes Received:
    163,575
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Those things are the shiznit! We have one at work...don't know what brand or model...I know its older.
    No help from me on what to order...sorry...I know they have a strobe app for smart phones now too...no idea on accuracy though.
     
    Eric VW, Chaz and Screwloose like this.
  3. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,638
    Likes Received:
    33,334
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I'd be interested in what they have as obviously it got old. Getting stuff to last until old is the issue now a days. You get to play with it ?
     
    T.Jeff Veal, Eric VW, Chaz and 2 others like this.
  4. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,163
    Likes Received:
    163,575
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Yeah I think it has some age to it...and yes, must be tough because they have some real buffoons in the department that it actually belongs to...I'll try to remember to get some info off of it this week for you...and yes, I have used it a few times...daddy like! :rofl: :lol:
     
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,583
    Location:
    US
    Gotta watch out leaving the door open like that Keith…
    That wacky retired guy in the UP will getcha.
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  6. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,163
    Likes Received:
    163,575
    Location:
    NE Ohio
  7. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,163
    Likes Received:
    163,575
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Bump...hey Screwloose here's your info... ^ ^ ^
     
    Eric VW, eatonpcat and Screwloose like this.
  8. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,638
    Likes Received:
    33,334
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Thanks Dave !! Not sure how I missed seeing that before.
    I hate new phone time as I sure miss a lot of stuff. This morning I have been missing calls cuz my phone pared with a Bluetooth speaker in another room.
    Monarch is the brand I've been looking at. Good to know it holds up.
     
    Eric VW, brenndatomu and eatonpcat like this.
  9. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,638
    Likes Received:
    33,334
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Thanks brenndatomu !! I just ordered a nova pro 300 led with laser kit from monarch.
    I appreciate the help !
     
    Eric VW, brenndatomu and eatonpcat like this.
  10. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,638
    Likes Received:
    33,334
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    It arrived fast !! Shiznit is right ! Definitely some reading to do as it's more complicated than I first assumed. I never realized how much control you had over the flash.
    Can easily read the part number on a running belt. Or pick out a tiny bend in a fan blade.
    The laser with reflective tape is very cool allowing you to change phase angle.
    Thanks brenndatomu for your help on this !!
     
    Eric VW and brenndatomu like this.
  11. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,163
    Likes Received:
    163,575
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Glad you like it...and yes, that was quick!
    I've thought about one for at home, but I really wouldn't use it that much, and I can borrow theirs whenever I want so...
     
    Eric VW and Screwloose like this.
  12. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,638
    Likes Received:
    33,334
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    It will be a nice addition to the shop. We frequently troubleshoot packaging equipment and sometimes it's a blurry whirly mess to follow. The machinery is getting faster and I'm getting slower.
     
    eatonpcat, Eric VW and brenndatomu like this.