In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Squeezing one out

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Chud, Sep 10, 2021.

  1. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,267
    Likes Received:
    54,152
    Location:
    NC
    I don’t recall ever seeing a round pushing out the heartwood. First time I’ve ever had some Little leaf Linden, so maybe it’s something Linden does. The live wood must be drying and contracting pushing out a log.
    FF08C49B-1613-4BB2-9EB6-E5DCE32915F3.jpeg EC6E137F-235E-47F6-BBA5-33C824FAC5A5.jpeg
    Wood around the heartwood splitting off
    A713342F-2F5B-4B33-BC08-0F2AE3FEBB86.jpeg
    12B6B5FE-2B21-44A0-BB9E-B9712E94FBE6.jpeg
     
  2. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,862
    Likes Received:
    121,495
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    I've seen that a bunch. I used to save those heartwood pieces for the smoker when I had tons of apple.
     
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  3. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,158
    Likes Received:
    163,544
    Location:
    NE Ohio
  4. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,998
    Likes Received:
    48,781
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  5. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,267
    Likes Received:
    54,152
    Location:
    NC
    Clickbait for Eric
     
  6. Screwloose

    Screwloose

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2017
    Messages:
    5,638
    Likes Received:
    33,331
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Never seen one coming out on its own but I've found them while splitting.
     
  7. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,583
    Location:
    US
    Sorry, some of us can’t or don’t have time to look at our phones when working.
    LoL
    Or I left my phone on the home office desk while in fact pushing one out.
    :whistle:

    :eek:

    :rofl: :lol:

    I have seen that here on some rounds, Chud :salute: