In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Got a little accomplished after all.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Locust Post, Aug 5, 2014.

  1. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Thought the rain was going to ruin my plans tonight but it moved out so I was able to get a little something done.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    I wish I had done that today but I didnt and now they are calling for rain tomorrow:mad: Procrastination strikes again:doh::picard:
     
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Yeah, I'm always watching the weather if I plan to process firewood.
    Still screw up sometimes.:headbang:

    Nice job getting that done LP.
     
    Gark, HoneyFuzz and Locust Post like this.
  4. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Good, you stuck with it despite what the weather man was saying. Your stash total just grew. :)
     
    Gark, Locust Post and HoneyFuzz like this.
  5. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,613
    Location:
    IN
    Rain is made of the same stuff that comes out of the shower. Toughen up, ladies! That's what the old man used to tell me.

    :rofl: :lol:
     
  6. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Looks like you are doing just fine. !
     
    Gark and Locust Post like this.
  7. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Rain has stopped me too, tear up the yard too much with the UTV to move wood into the shed with all this rain.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Locust Post like this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's always nice splitting Beech, I'd take that over any wood, especially if you split it!
     
  9. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    Very nice LP...:)

    Looks like you have a chit load of wood already. Those are some big rounds you have.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Locust Post like this.
  10. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I'll try and stack a bit yet tonight. I hope to have everything split and stacked by end of Aug. Might want to haul some more in this fall :tree::dancer:
     
  11. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Hey. Breaking news! We got absolutely no rain at all today!!!!
     
    Drvn4wood, swags and Locust Post like this.
  12. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Weatherman is saying none here until Monday or Tuesday, hope we don't have a wildfire or something.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  13. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    LP- the term weather is just a word. I say, process wood in any condition until the cows come home. Wait, are those cows in your avatar? Looking good bro!
     
  14. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Yep cows are home but that ain't stopping me.......guess i'll have to process till they go to market
     
  15. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Something tells me they'd rather watch you process wood instead of you processing them. Id like to get a 1/2 angus soon, since we're on the subject.......:grizz:
     
    concretegrazer and Locust Post like this.