In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Almost a full load of Shagbark Hickory and Mulberry!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Eric Wanderweg, Jun 13, 2021.

  1. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,998
    Likes Received:
    48,781
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Oh you guys just wait till you've been at it a few more years. The scores that find you then aren't measured in loads, but how many dozen cord you can move in a day or a weekend. Wait till ya gotta turn down a score because you have several paying tree jobs stacked up.
     
  2. LordOfTheFlies

    LordOfTheFlies

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2019
    Messages:
    2,519
    Likes Received:
    12,101
    Location:
    NY
    I can't imagine cleaning up people's trees aka a score as a job, like someone paying me to do it. My head WOOD explode.
     
    Horkn, buZZsaw BRAD and Chud like this.
  3. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,264
    Likes Received:
    54,144
    Location:
    NC
    I have a situation where I can get all the wood I want and more. I keep bringing wood home and I’m compelled to process it and I do and I get more and the cycle continues. The problem is I have several standing dead on my property that I keep putting off because I keep bringing piles home. One standing dead oak probably 80’ tall is next to driveway parking that my wife uses. I’ve told her not to park under it, but you know the deal. She’s got two cars near it right now, with one directly under waiting to catch a limb. That tree has got to be felled as soon as my piles are processed. :loco: :crazy:
     
  4. Stephiedoll

    Stephiedoll

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    4,087
    Likes Received:
    29,385
    Location:
    Omaha, NE.
    I've been trying not to bring anything in for the time being. We have so much wood out at Lefty's, both brought in and blowdowns and damaged trees on his place, that we are set for 3 years or more, not including what is already spilt at my place ( 3 years). Still hard to turn down good wood.
     
  5. LordOfTheFlies

    LordOfTheFlies

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2019
    Messages:
    2,519
    Likes Received:
    12,101
    Location:
    NY
    If it's nice, I can't help myself. If I'm on the fence, I'll leave it. But nice, I can't un-see what I just saw. :D
     
    Stephiedoll and Horkn like this.
  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,737
    Likes Received:
    224,550
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.


    [​IMG] :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    Chvymn99, Eric Wanderweg and Horkn like this.
  7. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,789
    Likes Received:
    215,236
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    I kinda had to do that with my score from May where there was nine trees felled. Postponed a couple scores plus the weather hasnt been conducive for firewood making.
     
    Cash Larue, Chvymn99 and Horkn like this.
  8. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,789
    Likes Received:
    215,236
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Ive got two to do this week. :banana: :makeitrain" One a firewood making job, the other a tree take down. Threads to follow. Stay tuned.
     
  9. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,998
    Likes Received:
    48,781
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Today's Haul From The Clearing Job.
    If you can get paid on both ends, both to remove and firewood sales it's not too bad. The firewood market is pretty good around here with heating costs rising and the tree removal business is brisk as well. I'm at a point that I can leave my employees in the shop & do a few tree jobs to pay for all the wood equipment I keep buying. It's fun as a side hustle.
     
  10. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,998
    Likes Received:
    48,781
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    I too have a virtually unlimited wood supply & may or not have a few standing dead trees the need to come down. Mine at least aren't targeting anything important right now. :whistle:
     
  11. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,789
    Likes Received:
    215,236
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Are you serious about buying a firewood processor AC?

    Few jobs i did this year i didnt have to worry about the wood and liked it more.
     
  12. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,998
    Likes Received:
    48,781
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Yep, I'm biding my time till the right deal/machine comes along.
     
    Cash Larue, Stephiedoll and Chvymn99 like this.