In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Making Gnocchi

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Grizzly Adam, Aug 2, 2014.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    The burn barrel needs burnt down, decided to use that heat to make my gnocchi dumplings. Got some potatoes and garlic in a lot ready for heat.
     
  2. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

  3. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Did you soap the bottom of your wifes nice pot?
     
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    No, does that help the smoke issue?
     
  5. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    no, it helps the bottom of the pot issue. Less soot sticks to it when washing
     
  6. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    That's what I meant
     
  7. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Then Yes, it helps. Camping trick . How did it turn out (the meal)?
     
  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I have the "dough" chilling in the freezer until six, then will through it together. Most of the gnocchi will be frozen for future meals.
     
  9. Mr A

    Mr A

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    344
    Likes Received:
    536
    Gnocchi is very good stuff. I had it at an old family Italian restaurant here in town. never heard of it before. You can't just buy some, like ravioli at the market.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  10. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    You can buy it, I like making my own. It turned out ok, but I've made better.
     
  11. Lousyweather

    Lousyweather

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    2,798
    Likes Received:
    9,040
    I hate coming here to the smokehouse....makes me hungry!
     
    jtakeman, Woodwidow and Grizzly Adam like this.
  12. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I am getting hungry for this again, I am hoping for better success with the remaining batch of gnocchi--'I think the problem that day was that it was just too hot to work with the gnocchi.
     
  13. Mr A

    Mr A

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    344
    Likes Received:
    536
    Wankers Corner? LOL
     
    Lousyweather likes this.
  14. Lousyweather

    Lousyweather

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    2,798
    Likes Received:
    9,040
    hey, sounds better than where I am really from