Took the dogs out this morning, while my bride slept in this morning. Stopped by the tree dump and stumbled on some nice silver maple and some locust. What a nice surprise that was. I decided to use the Echo on the maple and the new Stihl on the locust. Didn't want the Echo to get too jealous that I haven't been using her as much. As we all know, saws can get quite jealous of one another. LOL. Running them side by side I noticed a couple things. You can't beat the Echo for ease of start. The Echo is twice as loud. The Stihl loves to chew through wood. I also watched a little closer at the operation. I think the Echo is throwing more than enough bar oil out while I think I need to increase how much the Stihl kicks out. Here is a shot of my find. Twice as much maple but I think it's a decent haul.
Oh...last weekend I made the little box you see on the left. Keeps the bar oil and gas from tipping over. The old green duffel bag is where I keep all my PPE.
Nice find schlot. Good work. Nice to always have a back up saw with you. Also nice to have a tree dump. Is it handy to get right to the trees?
Yes, it's a small town but a nice size tree dump. Everyone that lives there keeps their yards clean so there is always something new being added....must be all that German heritage! LOL The dump has a road around the perimeter with the tree pile in the center so you can get at anything new real easily.
Thanks. I take the Red Green quote to heart....if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
I know I'm not really good at ID especially in pictures but that looks suspiciously like cherry in the truck. I like the box you made.
That's for sure. 50's again today. Great fall day! Unfortunately all the asian beetles thought so too.
The tree dump just keeps on giving. Stopped out again and brought home a bunch of silver maple this weekend.
Nice find schlot. That is cool you guys can just drive up and get wood for free. No felling, no getting it to the truck. Can you usually drive up pretty close to it?
Yes, that's the nice part of living in a small town. I can drive up to about 5' from it usually. I just think of it as recycling...after all, they will just burn it at the end of the year anyway, so it might as well go to good use.
Love the tree dump, and that locust looks great in the truck! I get over 90% of our supply! and at leave 95%of the good stuff! from the tree dump.