In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

There are only 43 days until Fall

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

I think we will if this weather pattern continues. Getting a minimal of .50" of rain a few days a week it seems.

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

If my count is a bit different, September 22 is first day of fall. I just start counting backwards from there.

Looks the same to me but if you look at the title I may not have updated it quick enough for you.

3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

• And, according to August weather lore, “For every fog in August, there will be a snowfall.” If the first week in August is unusually warm, the coming winter will be snowy and long. If a cold August follows a hot July, it foretells a winter hard and dry.
    We had our first fog alert this morning, that's good for one snowfall! :whistle:

EODMSgt, MikeInMa, Chaz and 3 others like this.
  4. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

I hope so for y’all’s sake... but down here in the Blue Ridge... Pffft.... it don’t mean a thing.
    :picard:

5. yooperdave

yooperdave

Dennis, I hadn't even noticed that the count was descending, until today honestly! Yours is plenty accurate for us.