In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Not for the woodpile

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by MikeInMa, Jul 21, 2021.

  1. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,856
    Likes Received:
    114,853
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
  2. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,780
    Likes Received:
    215,149
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
  3. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,856
    Likes Received:
    114,853
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Me? Nowhere near the patience, nor the eye for stuff like that.
     
  4. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,860
    Likes Received:
    121,466
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    Much respect for the artistic vision to “see” where to cut and how much. I missed that train for sure.
     
  5. JimBear

    JimBear

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2020
    Messages:
    3,608
    Likes Received:
    22,223
    Location:
    Iowa
    I totally understand these fellas thoughts, I struggled with the Elmers paste, safety scissors & cut along the dotted lines construction paper projects as a kid & with my own kids.
    :deadhorse:
     
  6. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Yep, right there with ya. I did eat the glue though. :doh:
     
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,194
    Location:
    Central MI
    It does have me thinking a bit. After neck surgery screwed me up I can no longer do any leather carving but maybe some day I should get a real small saw and try my hand at it. Here are a couple old projects and some practice pieces I've done in the past.
    Bob's wallet-1.JPG Briefcase ack.jpg Camera case-3.JPG Clock-Denny.JPG Cougar.JPG Eagle-scrap-1.JPG KnifeCase.JPG KnifeCase-7.JPG KnifeCase-8.JPG L-flower-1.JPG Maple-leaf.JPG Pat's-b.JPG Steve's clock-4.JPG
     
  8. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,856
    Likes Received:
    114,853
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
  9. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,780
    Likes Received:
    215,149
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    That is some real nice work Dennis. Stihl MS151 with a 12" carving bar.
     
  10. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,549
    Likes Received:
    141,574
    Location:
    US
    Explains soooooo much.
    :rofl: :lol:
    :wacky:
     
    eatonpcat and PA Mountain Man like this.
  11. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,563
    Location:
    SE Mass
    That Elmers school paste was non-toxic and food safe. You didn't digest it though, it passed right on thru, kinda like some parts of corn kernels. As long as you didn't eat so much of it you gummed up the works.