In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday my husband was hankering for a car ride, so we drove around looking at high water. Found some!
    firewoodhoarder on TikTok
    Today we are finally getting a sunny day, so it'll be yard work and dips in the pool for me. Also a dump run.
    This is a new one... IMG_20210720_24329.jpg
    And I can't get over what a great bloomer Gunmetal is! IMG_20210720_47412.jpg
    Have a fun day!

2. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

9:30 appt. Any lunch will be out of pocket.

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

Aww, man!

4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Put back hoe on yesterday. Going to dig a couple holes today.

5. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Got everything burnt that was going to burn? Have Fun....

6. Backwoods Savage

Yeah, the pile burned down nicely. Now to finish cleaning up that mess and hope the idiots stop dumping.

7. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Good morning! Second day of sunshine in a row. Getting up to 81*. Gave the daily driver a good wash last night. Spent extra time on the wheels. I didn't realize the amount of curb rash they had. Thought I was a better driver... :bug::whistle: They got a good coat of protectant. I need to find a color match paint and do some correction. The plan is to prep 2 IBC totes tonight so I can fill them this weekend. Then put together a new firewood rack at the roadside stand. Have a God day!

8. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Hallo folks!
    What a glorious morning here! Hazy sun, NOT RAIN!
    Mike, keepin yall in prayer for the visit (with or without lunch)
    Chvymn99 hopin (prayin) the audits go well for all, and you and your role in it get high marks...even if it's background work.

6 or so hours running the machine yesterday (and 4 hours a day before) got a nice looking pile.
    Our blessing: we parted with 4.5 cord of partially seasoned wood to a dear friend. This year with the first big score, not only did we make up the 4 cord loss, but added another cord or two to the stack. AND everything below is from the same score. That puts us at an all time high of 17 cord css, and maybe another 6 or 7 in process (pics). When done, that will complete a fairly good 3 year plan at 8 cord a year. If we don't roast 8 a year (here's hoping), the plan will be extended!!!

In the few years here, we've approached buZZsaw BRADS plight of outgrowing the space we have. I have another tree job that is 6 or 7 more cord, but its been too wet to fetch.

So, putting the wood stove back together today....maybe fire it off the next coolish rainy day.

Pics: The pile at end of day (12'×10'×6' at the peak), we flat out wear out our help (13 yo works like a machine), and the little fuzzy critter kept our attention for a few minutes yesterday morning. 20210720_072734.jpg 20210719_165404.jpg 20210718_192641.jpg

Sca

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  9. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

Neighbors acting up?

10. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Thanks Molly. Will check it out.
    81 with hazy skies. Have had a couple days without rain but thunderstorms rolling back in a round dinner time.
    Seen my reg MD yesterday. Can not have any calcium supplements. So they are watching that. Have an endo consult in August but we will do a live meeting over computer. Echo cardiogram scheduled for October. Set up eye for both of us in September.
    Man I am getting tired of appt.
    Have a great day all.
    Stay safe and stay healthy.

11. Backwoods Savage

This was on a neighboring property. Some idiots dumped a huge amount of trash. Amazing the law found out who did it but did not make them clean it up or at least pay the land owner to have it done. So, trying to be a good neighbor, just like the land owner is, I told him I would clean it up for him. So this week I burned what I could then this morning I dug a hole and buried what would not burn so he did not have to rent a big dumpster. The mess is now gone.

12. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Morning all. It is still morning here. We are getting rain!!!! We got our walk in first thing this morning and after breakfast I scrubbed down the deck. Just got back from grocery shopping and the rain started. I don't know how long it will last but we sure need it. I just hope the kids out kayaking are getting too soaked with it. Inside jobs for the rest of the day although I have to go out and put away stuff from my deck scrubbing.

Everyone have a great day.

13. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Crossing fingers does help!

All went as well as it could. Now, to deal with a mountain of paperwork, and working with various agencies to account for medical insurance, prescriptions, etc.

Lunch was early, at a local family restaurant. Happy to pay for it, considering how well the visit went.

14. Midwinter

Midwinter

Glad it went well, hopefully your folks were left with a positive impression and weren't turned off to the idea.
    I remember the application process being pretty hairy. Income verification, medical records, etc.

15. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Mom is ready for a rest. Dad is legaly blind - macula degeneration, and has 2 hearing aids. She's ready to give Housekeeping and daily caretaking

16. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

17. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

That will help take the burden off of her. Glad the visit went well. So glad you still have both parents in your life.

18. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good afternoon y'all. Looks like everyone had a decent day. Rained early this morning, stayed in the 80's, cloudy. Now it is dumping liquid sunshine over us again...this is at our daughter's house... 13953.jpeg
    Be encouraging, lend a hand...
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

19. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

And it begins again as soon as I pull in the driveway...gotten over 1" so far today... 0720211927_HDR.jpg
    0720211927.jpg

20. Biddleman

Biddleman

Good evening everyone,
    Got up this morning and hit the ground running. Been a busy day. Hazy and humid here. Thought about splitting some wood this evening, but its just too uncomfortable.
    Coworker's heart surgery went well today, hopefully it continues for him and his family.
    Have a great evening.