In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet Stove Auger Motor and Components Rustoleum Metalic Chrome Spray Paint?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Aug 3, 2014.

  1. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Hello

    Does anyone paint their pellet stoves components with Rustoleum Chrome Spray Paint?

    It really perks up a dusty old auger motor!
    Good for Blower casings too!

    This maybe mandatory when Pimping a Pellet Stove?

    See pic with black arrow pointing to painted area below:

    Click to Enlarge:
     

    Attached Files:

  2. smoke show

    smoke show

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,983
    Likes Received:
    13,948
    Location:
    Pittsfield, Wi
    I've used chrome spray paint before to duplicate aluminum color. Never on a stove, frankly don't care if auger motor is pretty as long as it functions. my .02
     
  3. badbob

    badbob

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    2,482
    Likes Received:
    9,947
    Location:
    bozeman pass,park county,MT 6500'
    Any metallic or ceramic coating holds in heat.Clean aluminum allows best heat transfer,clear coat would not hurt much.Not good for motor,but prob. good for exhaust housing.If I looked at a stove that had the motors/gearboxes painted,I would go away.Same reason chrome alternators burn up much faster.
     
  4. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Interesting
    Thanks for your comments.
    I guess the chrome plating days of the 60s are over. :) Some people might like it.
     
  5. badbob

    badbob

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    2,482
    Likes Received:
    9,947
    Location:
    bozeman pass,park county,MT 6500'
    "If it don't run,chrome it" as we used to tell the harley guys in the 70's
     
  6. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    Do you think Flat Aluminum would be more modern and spiffier?
     
  7. badbob

    badbob

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2014
    Messages:
    2,482
    Likes Received:
    9,947
    Location:
    bozeman pass,park county,MT 6500'
    Like I said I would paint nothing on a motor/gearbox,and anything else only if I had to remove rust.The flat would prob. look better on fan housing,would show less smudges and dirt over time.As cheap as power coating has become,consider that,there is probably a shop in your area,but would have to take parts off.