In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee: ... Warm and muggy again today...

2. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! Like Mike said, cool and dry. Good day for making firewood!
    Yesterday the tree service started clearing the lot behind me. They took away an almost-full log truck, and there's still more to cut. Today will be interesting, they will reach the property line.
    We saw a woodchuck in the back yard. I DON'T like woodchucks. 8y42rlt.jpg
    Have a good one!

3. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

I'm with you.

Those rodents eat leaves from my perennials, and burrow under my wood stacks.

I've used a Have-a-trap and relocate, in the past.

You can try to scatter mothballs along the property line yo deter. Not sure if that's a guarantee, but I've tried it and haven't seen any more.

4. Midwinter

Midwinter

I'm hoping he's a transient. He chewed up a potted plant, so my husband put up the trail cam, but the next night he was a no-show. I'm putting a bushel basket over the chewed plant at night, though.

5. PA Mountain Man

PA Mountain Man

They are best fried and then baked for 45 minutes.:grizz:

6. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Morning All. Overcast but supposed to clear. It took until almost 4:30 PM for the sun to show through yesterday. If it isn't too wet this morning, I am getting out into the garden. The horsetails are taking over the garden. That and I am behind in my bookkeeping again.
    We had a nice visit with Mom. Mom and I did library and archive stuff. campinspecter washed our car and cleared Mom's chimney. There is always something to do over there.

Everyone have a great day.

7. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

She's gonna :heidi: if you don't get in there and get busy :flipeggs::stirpot:...:rofl: :lol:

8. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope y'all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY. Still working the front side. Our pastor and his wife came over after supper last night, picked a couple small buckets of blueberries and visited a few minutes, left about 9pm. We got the rest of the wall boards installed and got the vanity into the bathroom. Didn't have time to cut holes for pipes. Do that another day.
    Need to go to Lowe's, get some trim and a new brad nailer, my old one died on us.

9. Midwinter

Midwinter

If you figure out how to eradicate them, tell me! I dug down two feet and sieved the dirt, and they still came back.

10. Midwinter

Midwinter

Split some cherry with M2theB's electric splitter this morning. All I can say is, I'm no match for 5HP! Kinda humbling. It got through some gnarly knots. IMG_20210623_4965.jpg IMG_20210623_21755.jpg
    Some woodpecker holes. IMG_20210623_4598.jpg
    Cherry split so far, 3 rounds left to do. IMG_20210623_56962.jpg
    While I was working, the street got repaved! IMG_20210623_10952.jpg

11. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Good afternoon all. Partly cloudy with a little wind. About 70 out.
    I am not used to going in stores. Took a run to family dollar to pic up bacon and a few other things. Was planning on waring a mask and completely forgot it.
    Have a great day all.
    Stay healthy and stay safe.

12. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Good afternoon! I'm behind again. Last day of pleasant temps. Rain moving in and temps going up. New sectional was delivered after lunch. It's very comfy. I saw more bundles were gone from the roadside stand so I need to collect money and put more out. Bible study at church followed by a quick dinner and probably getting a few groceries.

13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Glad that is working out for you. Those can also sometimes be a challenge to stack.

14. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Glad your splitter is working out! So...are you planning to retire your axes, mauls, wedges, etc? :whistle:

15. mat60

mat60

Im sorry.. I hope your doing ok.

16. Midwinter

Midwinter

Well, I still had to wedge the cherry rounds in half, so no. But, that splitter will see a lot of action!

17. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Monday was a really tough day and yesterday we went over to Mom's. Today we stayed home and did chores so her absence was noticed more. Thank you for being concerned.
    Unfortunately it is part of being a pet owner that we all have to deal with.

18. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

I too, dug down and sieved all the dirt in my garden patch last spring and fall. I dug everything up this spring again. I have been reading about it and one way to hold back the tide of rising stems is to not dig them up but cut them off at ground level as soon as they appear. After that, mulch with cardboard, sea soil or organic mulch and cover with black plastic for a season. My garden spent ten years under black plastic and they still came up. I think this fall I am going to lime the bed, cover it in cardboard and plastic and then next spring add lots of seasoil. I think I will stop pulling them up and try the cutting off at ground level. Right now you can't see the garlic for the horsetails. I didn't pull them up as I thought I would disturb the garlic too much.

A friend of mine fought the battle of the horsetails for many years but she found as she made the soil richer they slowly disappeared. I am hoping I can achieve the same thing.

19. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, folks.

Another cool start to the day. 50 and low humidity. Refreshing air. Maybe one more tomorrow, before the heat and humidity return.

I hope to go for a walk, then some grocery shopping.

Stay safe
    Stay healthy

20. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee: