In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A complaint from a neighbor

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Sirchopsalot, Jun 13, 2021.

1. B.Brown

B.Brown

Ignore him, I think that would work the best. Stay off their radar, don’t give him any reason to even talk, interact with him. Just my 10 cents worth.

2. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Yeah, that's where we're at. We've got work to do out there and we'll do it. But I'm still trying to be sensitive to everyone's needs...trying not to be hypersensitive though.
    Some times i think it would be best to pull up stakes and go AWAY from people, but then there will be those that aggravate me elsewhere....tax collectors, corrupt this or that agency...time for me to learn patience and long-suffering I reckon.

Sca

3. Horkn

Horkn

Perfect! Does he use a walk behind mower, or is it a rider? Hopefully a walk behind:thumbs:

Screwloose, mat60, JimBear and 3 others like this.
  4. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

I didnt read all the replies.

Lets be honest, wood piles attract vermin. Vermin in tight residential areas arent welcome. Theres multiple threads a year on this very website about critters in our stacks. The wood hoarder life style isn’t appropriate for urban living.... which leads to the answer to the main question...

Why would you want to live in such an area? My main question is, wtf is a neighbor? My closest one is almost 1 mile away. No one gives two hoots about my stacks, except the critters.

You only live once my friend.

5. golf66

golf66

Get a throw away email address. Surreptitiously take photos of his house. Put up a Craigslist ad for a moving sale..."Tools, furniture, appliances etc etc etc". Say that they have to ring the doorbell as each buyer will be walked though the house.

6. Ctwoodtick

Ctwoodtick

OP, how much yard space do you have?

7. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

So definitely worth reading the replies. A lot.of information there.

So something awesome happened tonight. Dear Wife and i were out back moving wood. The same neighbor came out and had plenty to say again. But this time, his wife was there and encouraged him to listen, and not argue. He apologized for last weeks discussion, for the fence he put up causing issues (and i for allowing it to cause issues)....he knew we had a wood stove, but had no idea how much wood we really went thru....

We talked about and resolved a few other minor issues. Apologies issued from both sides. He acknowledged he knew we took care of his lawn when he was sick (i didn't think he knew).

The ladies talked separately, turns out he is physically sick and anxious about a lot.of things. To wit, He was worried that if a tornado came, what would our wood piles do to his house.

In the end, we listened, filled them in on our wood burning habits, he installs or designs geo thermal whatever, so appreciates heating with a renewable source, and seemed ridden with fear of the unknown, which she confirmed.

Logically, everything we said was truth, but he couldn't hear it through the fear/anxiety, but the One we worship, DOES speak to people's hearts perhaps bypassing the soul (mind, will, emotions), in ways we could not have though words and logic.

My first request in post #1, was prayer for them, then us. This is a direct answer to those petitions. Thank you for them.
    In the abundance of wisdom here, I found the Truth among many voices. Many times, my (ok His) thoughts were confirmed through a post here. Thank you for them.
    I remain glad I did not give in to judging or name calling....or taking vengeance into my own hands. If I had responded with darkness (cussing yelling, being insulting) tonight's conversation would have never happened, or surely would not have ended as well as it did.
    Issues were resolved. Score.
    Apologies went around. Score.
    I will continue, with a little added mindfullness or sensitivity. Score
    Things will be different, and I will set up a wood rack that they can take from (haven't told them yet). Score.
    And we have a little glimpse of whats really going on on their side, and can pour prayer into that. Big score.

Yahoooo!!

Sca

8. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Half an acre. We have the biggest lot on this street.
    Lotsa room. Well, not country lotsa room, but for here, lotsa room.
    Sca

9. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    It is so awesome when God leads out and resolves our problems.

10. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

And He does so: far and exceeding what we could have accomplished if we could have.
    Sca

11. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Hmm...can't deny I haven't had the same thought go through my head before...wonder if he would feel better if you built a "proper" woodshed? :whistle: (not that it would really make any real difference in a direct hit of a big 'nado...unless it had 1' thick concrete walls)
    The way I got past the thought of my stacks swirling in a high velocity cloud was using logic...a tornado can use almost anything as a projectile, even bricks from a neighbors house...so in reality, we are all in God's hands, and if something is going to destroy my home, it can come from almost anywhere, especially in a tornado! :startled: And speaking of, do you guys have many up your way? I don't remember hearing about them so much...

12. Cash Larue

Cash Larue

Right on brother. My closest neighbors are a few acres away. I need binoculars to see them. But I used to live in downtown Denver. I lived between a street gang house, and a biker gang house. But we all used to drink beer together on my front porch. Neighbors are a challenge. Maintaining neighborly relationships is important and difficult. I appreciate your willingness to be open minded and work with them. When it’s all said and done, it’s always better to be able to wave at your neighbors with all five fingers:rofl: :lol:

You don’t have to love each other, but you have to live next to each other.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    Horkn, Bill2, jtstromsburg and 10 others like this.
  13. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Had one in Windsor 20 years ago, and Springfield MA 7 (edit 10) years ago. After that maybe a dozen microbursts that got classified at tornadoes so disaster funding could be released for a tiny area. But only 2 legit tornadoes in recent memory.
    There are some good videos online of the springfield tornado...crossing the ct river etc. Neat to watch, lotsa damage few or no deaths iirc.
    Sca

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  14. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Nailed it. And he said it too, we gotta get along, gotta make it work. Who knows, by the time time we leave, we might even miss each other.

Sca

Horkn, jtstromsburg, Chvymn99 and 6 others like this.
  15. Ctwoodtick

Ctwoodtick

Glad it’s working out now. That’s the big thing. His anxiety must be really through the roof. Chance of one’s property getting hit by a tornado in CT is extremely low. But then again, if someone has seen a tornado in their area, it could make it seem like a a bigger chance in the future.
    1/2 acre is plenty space to do some hoarding within reason. I have the same amount of space and have about 8 cords.

16. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Not that often but on the small side...EF0/EF1 strength. One hit my hometown last August and in May 2018. Microbusrt in 2015. Worst ever hit my former hometown (next one over from where i live now) in 1878. Being a densely populated, heavily wooded state with little open space when we get them they make a mess with trees. Big local news when they happen.

17. B.Brown

B.Brown

Great news God Is in control! Really glad to read this response, there is hope in every situation, no doubt your Prayers are being answered, we just have to be patient! I’ll be Praying that things will continue to improve for all of you involved, well done!

18. LordOfTheFlies

LordOfTheFlies

Glad you kept your cool and things worked out for you. :yes:

19. jo191145

jo191145

Fairly rare. I think I got clipped by a small one some years back. Touched down in Wethersfield, skipped over the river and Connecticut valley where the weathermen lost interest due to the forest, But my house is on the hIgh point on the other side. Took a few shingles off the peak and twisted all the tree tops off for about 100 yards wide. Maybe 300 yards long until it hit the field and the land tapers back down. Just a skimmer.

20. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Im sure you remember the July 1989 one. One of the worst ever to hit the state.