In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Zero turn shopping

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Horkn, May 23, 2021.

1. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

You seem a little angry Clem... Horkn will pull the trigger when he is ready!!

Warner, Horkn and brenndatomu like this.
  2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

[​IMG]

Eckie, Horkn and eatonpcat like this.
  3. Horkn

Horkn

The one I have planned to get, hasn't shown up at the dealer yet. They don't know what is on each delivery from hustler. Which I find ridiculous. Someone there knows, obviously, but I haven't spoken to that person yet and they claim nobody there knows. Ok. Odd, but ok

I hadn't really wanted a ztr until this year, basically because I want to save mowing time. Yes, I mow with my ariens gt17 with the magnum 18 engine I swapped in a couple years ago.

4. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Save time on mowing = more time on boat:D

5. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

So basically, this is all boils down to BOAT (break out another (4.5) thousand)...dang boats :emptywallet: :makeitrain" :D

6. Horkn

Horkn

Sorta.. :)

With the 90°+ we'll have today and tomorrow, I don't want to be anywhere else but the lake.

7:38 in the am and the air conditioner kicked in already. That's an early start.

7. mat60

mat60

Speaking about boats. I went buy a boat landing on the way to the store at 915 this morning and there was a long line of people waiting to put there boats in. If I had one Id be going real early. Its a hot day.. I bet it would be great on a lake.

8. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Haha, no not Angy, just confused. Seems like forever ago this started and I was thinking he bought one. Clearly I'm wrong. I could care less if he buys one or not, runs his old stuff or whatever.:rofl: :lol:

9. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

My lake is 80,000 acres. Never a line at the ramp I use. Enough parking for a bass masters tournament and 6 ramps at it. It's what they call a mega ramp for tourneys. It's in the country so it's never packed.

As for boats my Brother in law ordered a boat this last winter cause they couldn't find what they wanted last fall or so. They sold the old toon they had. Dealer came 2 weeks ago to drop in lake and deliver and said before I put this in the water I will give you 25% more than you paid for it. Write you a check right now. He called his wife and she said you better take the boat. He said that it's been at the shop for a few weeks till it could be delivered and people kept seeing it. It has a 200 on it which the dealer said he can't get right now and Yamaha isn't sending anymore of a certain size motor till fall 2022. And there is a huge list for boats. He said he has had several cash offers for his boat over 5he sale price which is why he could offer him that. This is a crazy world right now. He said dang if I had known that I would of bought 5 at the time I bought this one and sold 4 back! Haha

10. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

Zero Turns also free up rounds of golf! Horkn is a very deliberative and contemplative chap, remember how long it took to get the right truck? He knows when HE knows, now carry on…..:yes:

Horkn, eatonpcat, brenndatomu and 4 others like this.
  11. Jeremy Anthon

Jeremy Anthon

So any news from the Hustler dealer this week? Been reading through the threads this morning and want to see some new mower pics!

I took a stroll through a local dealer last weekend to look at polesaws but they have Spartan, Exmark, Snapper, BigDog (Excel Industries makes them and Hustler), and Scag. Beautiful machines....there's just something about seeing all them lined up real nice and shiny, I'm sure the salesman was wondering if he'd have to get his mop out to clean up all my drool.

But I bought a new Gravely ZTX 52" last year (wonderful little mower for my yard) so I'll have to live vicariously through other's purchases now! haha

12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Dakota Hoarder, mat60, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  13. Horkn

Horkn

Someone started a zero turn thread about a year ago, or so. I commented on that thread. Actually that thread educated me a bit about them. Now a year or so later, I want one.

Thing is it's a bad time to buy them. Supply and demand. That dealer never got back to me, and honestly, with the lack of rain, our grass will start to go dormant soon. I can wait until the right deal comes up. I would've bought that used ferris but the guy literally ahead of me bought it.

14. Horkn

Horkn

Lol. Actually not today. I took a day off of work and went to the superbike races at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.

It was super hot. 90° and felt like 95°. The wind finally kicked in and it was really nice then. The races go on all weekend. So that's where we will be.

15. JRHAWK9

JRHAWK9

Very cool! Back in the early 2000's I went to RA a few times as a club thing (MFBA).

16. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Seems like a bad time to buy or build anything right now! IMHO, if I was in the market I would keep my eye out for a nice used unit...But most likely wait for the market to stabilize then start looking hard again.

Dakota Hoarder, Horkn and brenndatomu like this.
  17. Horkn

Horkn

Yep. That's the plan. We'll see if the local dealer actually ever calls me though.;)

I like shiny things. I demo rode a new Yamaha mt-10 today. Not a priority though, but still fun. :thumbs:

eatonpcat and Ashwatcher like this.
  18. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

I just picked up an Ariens Ikon xd 52. Has a 23hp Kawasaki, 52” cut. Paid 4675 cash which includes taxes and the power bagger. I would have loved to have stepped up into a Apex which is basically the Gravely HD, but it would have been around 8k. I couldn’t justify it for just my one acre lawn. A friend met me at the dealer and he ended up getting a 52 Apex. Ive only mowed once so far (yesterday). It takes some getting used to after using garden tractors to mow my whole life.

19. Erik B

Erik B

Horkn This one is for you.:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
    [​IMG]

20. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Hilarious my next door neighbor has a horse farm and today he was mowing his overgrown field with a brand new Kubota...Told my wife that new equipment won't make him not lazy, in 2 weeks the horses will be knee depp in grass once again!