In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

This...is...satisfaction

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by LordOfTheFlies, May 27, 2021.

  1. LordOfTheFlies

    LordOfTheFlies

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2019
    Messages:
    2,519
    Likes Received:
    12,101
    Location:
    NY
    Aw yeah. Freshly acquired from the local organic dump.....

    Green pine + x27 = :dex:

    I only lasted 4 rounds....way too hot. Geez I melted. Done for the day!

    2021-05-27 12.35.29.jpg
     
  2. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,255
    Likes Received:
    54,054
    Location:
    NC
    The picture implies half a round. Lol
    The heat dome is supposed to disappear for Saturday and Sunday and I’ll get an extra wood day on Monday. :saw:
     
  3. LordOfTheFlies

    LordOfTheFlies

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2019
    Messages:
    2,519
    Likes Received:
    12,101
    Location:
    NY
    It's my way of showing the before and after in one pic! :D

    Man it sure was hot today. Supposed to get a lot of rain the next 4 days so that stinks in terms of chopping.
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    We'll gladly send you some rain and much cooler air. It may blow in there soon as the wind is kicking up.
     
    MikeInMa and LordOfTheFlies like this.
  5. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,761
    Likes Received:
    214,997
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Looks like your making up for down time. If youre feeling overly ambitious ive got a few cord of rounds for you to :axe:
    Nice grab there LOTF! :thumbs:
     
    LordOfTheFlies likes this.
  6. LordOfTheFlies

    LordOfTheFlies

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2019
    Messages:
    2,519
    Likes Received:
    12,101
    Location:
    NY
    This is me easing into it! Hahahaha. I have about a dozen rounds to split at the moment and will be picking up more this weekend and next. That should keep me busy for a little while. Plus I only have room for about 6 more cord (3 stacks ish) so I'm in no hurry. The bulk of the hard work is done. Now it's just a matter of topping off. I've got more kindling to make as well. But thank you for the offer! :D
     
    buZZsaw BRAD and brenndatomu like this.
  7. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,849
    Likes Received:
    114,786
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Cool, wet, raw here over the weekend.

    I just built a fire in the woodstove to light off in the morning, to drive off any dampness from the much needed rains.
     
  8. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    I have one going too.
     
    moresnow and MikeInMa like this.
  9. Sirchopsalot

    Sirchopsalot

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2020
    Messages:
    3,151
    Likes Received:
    19,196
    Location:
    medium city in CT
    If DW doesn't have a fire kindled presently, there will be when I get in tonight. Partly for a few joules, but as above, to drive off humidity.
    Took all the wood outside, but have a day's worth handy.

    I know if I'm sitting around, 70 with no sun, is cool. Without ac tho....we're ok keeping the building a little cooler, and keeping a sweatshirt handy.

    Our first spring burning, so covering new ground here.
    Sca