In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

2021 New Trails Going In

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, May 14, 2021.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The trail that I'm taking the picture from has a widowmaker over it about 100 yards back, I noticed what looked like an older trail heading off this ridge and down to the main trail. I plan on clearing a new trail off the main trail up to this ridge, I'll have it done before the end of July 2021. 104_1763.JPG
     
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
  2. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,526
    Likes Received:
    95,601
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    A lot of work but so nice when it is done.
     
    mat60, T.Jeff Veal, M2theB and 3 others like this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I've come in from the main trail down below to get a downed Cherry, it was a rough ride. I'll look for a better route so we can use it more.

    It will be my luck that when I finish the new trail, the widowmaker will come down that's over the existing trail to that ridge.
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,996
    Likes Received:
    312,290
    Location:
    Central MI
    Are those young beech trees I see? I didn't think you were blessed with them.
     
  5. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,568
    Likes Received:
    189,386
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    That will be some nice trails when you're done. Have fun
     
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We sure are Sav, in certain areas they need a thinning out because there are so many.
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Hopefully it is but I'm thinking it's pretty bumpy but once I get the trail set, I can work on it.
     
  8. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,996
    Likes Received:
    312,290
    Location:
    Central MI
    Fire up that tractor and go to work on it!
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and T.Jeff Veal like this.