In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Battery chainsaw reviews

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by TurboDiesel, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Eckie

Eckie

In terms of matching saw to owned batteries, I bought a ryobi tool set last year. Anyone have experience with the ryobi battery chainsaws?

If ryobi isn't "good"/"worth it", I would be willing to buy a decent saw/charger/combo when funds allow. Sounds like stihl, husky, makita and milwaukee are getting the most love...maybe dewalt thrown in too... if someone is looking for a package (no already-owned batteries/charger) what say yall as to best bang for buck? And is it the volts or amp hours that makes the difference, or both?

2. BrianK

BrianK

The Echo and the Ego are both getting high marks too, and some reviews are placing them ahead of the Stihl, Husky and others. My brother in law has the Ryobi and is pleased with it, especially since he has multiple other Ryobi tools, though he doesn’t use it much.

I was just looking for used stuff so I settled on the Stihl, which I preferred because of my other Stihl saws. My three (used) batteries are 36v with 6ah.

New? Way too expensive for me, honestly. Good deal on used? I’d jump on it.

Eckie likes this.
  3. Eckie

Eckie

I will look those two up. If I get one, I'm thinking I will use it a lot for limbing and cutting the smaller-ish stiff (size to be determined based on performance). The quiet and not smelling like fumes are really appealing more and more to me, especially for those times when i want/need to cut a bit and then go somewhere with out having to decon. I know the 310, 460 and 660 will still have plenty to eat, esp the 460, she's my go-to.

BrianK likes this.
  4. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

When you decide you're bored with it, let me know. I'd like to try it a while.

BrianK and brenndatomu like this.
  5. firewoodbuckenman

firewoodbuckenman

6. BrianK

BrianK

Well, I have a spare MSA200 now so that’s a definite possibility. A guy bought one with a storage locker’s contents near here. It was brand new, never even had oil in it, but didn’t have a battery or charger so he couldn’t sell it. I low balled him and got it for half the cost of a brand new one. So now I have two, three batteries and three bars lengths and multiple chains. (I just need another charger so I can lend out my extra saw. I just found another used AP300 battery on FB Marketplace. Hopefully he has the charger too. I’ll know Saturday.)

Which is good, because I don’t think I’ll get bored with this one. I think it’s going to become my favorite chainsaw for the small stuff I’m cutting.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    EODMSgt and brenndatomu like this.