In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tree ID Please

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by M2theB, Apr 25, 2021.

  1. M2theB

    M2theB

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    19,226
    Location:
    Central Massachusetts
    I haven’t done any research yet, just throwing out the pics.
    I have a few of these smaller trees in the tree line to the south of the house that are starting to blossom.

    My guess is Hickory.

    B2112F37-B191-4B17-8B16-B194859E8B51.jpeg 3A526FC7-796B-4F1D-9420-42399EF2A018.jpeg 8BAAA1FC-9263-418A-8B0E-9A7FD8D4AE14.jpeg
     
  2. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,862
    Likes Received:
    114,906
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Those vines of yours belong in a Steven King movie!

    Sorry, no idea on the tree.
     
    Chvymn99, Chazsbetterhalf and M2theB like this.
  3. M2theB

    M2theB

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    19,226
    Location:
    Central Massachusetts
    wild grape
     
  4. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,567
    Likes Received:
    67,913
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
  5. M2theB

    M2theB

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    19,226
    Location:
    Central Massachusetts
    I think you got it.
    Great for the Cedar Wax Wings!
     
  6. Chud

    Chud

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2020
    Messages:
    7,268
    Likes Received:
    54,162
    Location:
    NC
    I’ve never heard it called Shadbush. I call it Amelanchier because I can’t remember serviceberry. The berries taste great.
     
  7. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,862
    Likes Received:
    114,906
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    I learned something. Never heard of shadbush before
     
    Chazsbetterhalf, M2theB and Chvymn99 like this.