In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Enviro EF3 Auger bearing upgrade!

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Apr 20, 2021.

1. don2222

don2222

Hello
    Working on an older Enviro EF-3 insert in great shape. The auger was frozen solid so I decided to really go to town on it!
    I removed the end plate & auger and wire wheeled it clean. The bronze auger bearing was in rough shape so I took out a new Nylatron auger bearing and end plate. The auger and bearing is 3/4” but the bearing was too tight! So the manufacturer suggested using Emory cloth on the base of the auger and inside the Nylatron bearing. Bingo, a perfect fit! Then after working with one of my customers in Michigan who is the owner of a machine shop, I remembered the special part he made. He was having auger jams and found that pellets were getting stuck in the space under the the bottom fin of the auger. So he made a plate as thick as the lip of the auger bearing and put it in the bottom of the hopper. I talked to him a month later and Bingo it worked great especially if the auger motor was older and a little weaker!
    Therefore I took the old auger bearing plate out cleaned it up and cut the stop off and drilled out the center hole to 1-1/4” Easy!
    Put it all back in and no space under the auger fin and it turns great! Should be almost a lifetime bearing fix?
    How does it look?
    Has anyone else tried this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    jtakeman likes this.
  2. don2222

don2222

Here is the video showing the auger moving.

3. BHags

BHags

Has anyone else tried this? You Sir are some kind of pellet stove part genius. Speaking only for myself, I would have no clue to try to do anything you do. I wish I did.

don2222 likes this.