In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I'm Impressed

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Mark J, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Haftacut

Haftacut

I’ve heard good things too! I’ve already decided that my next blower will probably be a battery operated one

2. DNH

DNH

I need to hear more and see pictures of the home hydro setup.

Chazsbetterhalf and Horkn like this.
  3. Skier76

Skier76

I'd probably still wear them since they're build into my helmet. Just to be on the safe side.

4. Eckie

Eckie

I have a lot of hearing loss esp in my left ear. All kinds of flags are thron on my yearly physical, they even made me get cleared by an ENT last year. I have always been adament about wearing ear pro, even wearing plugs and muffs together now. I still think my ears are being affected even with the ear pro, so I am seriously considering a battery powered saw for the smaller stuff....I've been cutting tons of smaller wood from the ice storm, majority volleyball and smaller. Will still wear ear pro if needed, but I am thinking a bat powered saw can't be as loud as my 460. At the very least no sound is being thrown between cuts.

5. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

My brother had a cheesy cordless one years back. Ryobi i think. Not much power but worked on the job for basic clean up...sawdust, roofing crumbs etc. Ive talked about getting the small Dewalt one for around here for her to use as i have three 20 volt batteries for my other cordless tools including the pole saw.
    I have a gas powered Echo one which i love.

Chazsbetterhalf, Haftacut and Horkn like this.
  6. Haftacut

Haftacut

I have a husqvarna one that’s about 12 years old now. Still working well and if I were to replace it with an electric one, I’d definitely have to do my homework before purchasing.

Chazsbetterhalf and buZZsaw BRAD like this.
  7. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Thanks for all the great information. Does anyone have any experience with the battery powered Makita 36volt chain saws?

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  8. BrianK

BrianK

I just found a used Stihl MSA200c kit with spare chain, charger and three ap300 batteries but only 10” bar. I’m picking it up tomorrow for what seems a good deal. I’ve wanted one for a while but couldn’t swallow the cost of a new one. I have an MS250 and mildly muffler modded MS290 currently.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Eckie likes this.