In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Didn't ask but I received.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by farmer steve, Apr 15, 2021.

  1. farmer steve

    farmer steve

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2016
    Messages:
    1,966
    Likes Received:
    14,384
    Location:
    top of the hill york co. PA.
    I was in the shop getting a drink after finishing splitting last week's load of free wood and heard a vehicle. Some guy in a dump truck wondering if I wanted some wood. Norway maple and some HVBW. I could see some wood chips on top and hesitated. Just a few chips he said. I showed him where to dump it. He told me it saved him a 40 mile round trip to take it to his place to dump it.
    20210415_134744.jpg 20210415_135146.jpg
     
  2. WinonaRail

    WinonaRail

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2020
    Messages:
    4,021
    Likes Received:
    19,882
    Location:
    Indiana, US
    I'd be ASKING for chips with the wood! I use that stuff all over my property. Nice score!
     
  3. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,096
    Likes Received:
    42,947
    Location:
    NJ
    What is HVBW? Heavenly black wocust? Ok...I’ll show myself out.
     
  4. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,860
    Likes Received:
    121,458
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    High volume balsa wood?
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  5. The Wood Wolverine

    The Wood Wolverine

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2015
    Messages:
    18,860
    Likes Received:
    121,458
    Location:
    Gettysburg, PA
    I got it... High Value Black Walnut!!


    What did I win? :)
     
  6. Eric Wanderweg

    Eric Wanderweg

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2020
    Messages:
    8,559
    Likes Received:
    67,820
    Location:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Too many acronyms to remember :picard:
    Huffs verbally beating wood?
    At one point I knew this one. I think it meant something along the lines of unknown wood for burning.
     
  7. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    Highly Valuable Black Walnut. There's a pretty good cartoon/video around here somewhere. Nice score for nothing right there!
     
  8. amateur cutter

    amateur cutter

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    5,997
    Likes Received:
    48,771
    Location:
    Gun Lake MI
    :picard:Don't let the door hitchya. :rofl: :lol:
     
  9. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,490
    Likes Received:
    113,797
    Location:
    KC Metro