In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Got my uncle a little further along today. Cleaned up one trail that had a couple blow downs from last year. Pile on the right is red maple, bigtooth Aspen on the left. 904C97E5-D627-48BC-8E2A-3BBB8C3D4CCE.jpeg

2. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

Have you ever been diagnosed? I have BPPV every few months, crystals in the inner ear, classic symptoms are a ratcheting sensation, specific head movements can help get the crystals out and stop the vertigo.

3. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

4. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I have not, hard to keep up with my other medical appts and since this comes and goes it's on the bottom of my list...... The times I have asked about it previously I also had sinus/dry eye sinus issues and they always assumed it was sinus related. I'm going to switch doctors this spring, I initially started with a Doctor with a strong rheumatology background, but turns out she only worked for 3 hours in the evening two days a week so I ended up with her nurse practitioner. Then they moved into the hospital after the hospital remodeled and it's (insert complaining, appt availability weeks out/different blood tests than my rheumy ordered/scheduling screw ups/appt availability/parking. And the phlebotomists SUCK. That and you have to be admitted to get blood drawn, $40 copay to get bruised and worse. Sorry, thanks for the soap box.).

For sure I'll bring it up again with my new doctor, thank you very much for the information Dave.

5. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Wow!! I googled BPPV, my Brittany I lost in 2011 (Bah, I was still in the hospital after e c-section) had wicked bad vestibular disease a couple years earlier (thankfully it went away), out of nowhere slammed her face into her food bowl, I got her in my lap but her head & eyes were still going and her legs, I thought it was seizure, the Vet diagnosed it. Anyway the chiro I was seeing at the time said he'd adjust her for me but I was afraid to :picard: Bet he was talking about the Epley maneuver.

If the Epley maneuver isn’t helping you, it may be because:

6. tree killer

tree killer

We have a spot called “height of Maine”. Basically it’s a small mountain but a huge valley below and a river. There are mountains in the far distance. Every time I look over it I get dizzy and almost go down. My eyes play really weird tricks on me. I just don’t go there

7. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Small herd at work tonight. There’s been times I’ve gone out and seen 2 dozen grazing on the lawn. They’re so used to people that usually you can get within 20 feet of them before they start to get spooked. A half mile up the road is a hunting area; it’s got to be the easiest deer hunting in the whole state.

6C32937E-2323-4B5E-ABBA-FE19779E79EB.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  8. tree killer

tree killer

There’s a dozen in open hunting ground. 98C2697B-104D-41F1-B7AE-CCFA87F23657.jpeg

9. Gasifier

Gasifier

Been busy as a beaver. Outdoor activities at full swing trying to get as much done while things are dry before the rains come. Outdoor chicken pen increased in size with bird netting over the top installed. My handy neighbor completed most of this with me getting supplies. A couple older gates re-hung on new P.T. 4x4 post installed in concrete 4’ in the ground. Some horse fencing fixed. Some new horse feeders built by Amish for the spoiled ones hung up in barn stalls. Another long one being built for outdoors. And some other boring yard work. I hope all you hoarders are doing well!

10. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

I could look at maps for hours. When you look at a satellite view of the lower Mississippi River, you can see for hundreds of miles how the course of the river changed over time. Old oxbows became cut off and turned into lakes, or drained completely and the fertile soil converted to farmland. If you zoom in you can see in places how thousands of trees were planted in perfect rows to keep the newly exposed soil from eroding. In a lot of places the course of the river moved several miles from its previous course. An aerial view paints a very interesting picture of the history of the river. I'll bet you could find a lot of fossils in fields where the river used to flow. Maybe even the rotted remnants of very old boats that sank in different places. mississippi river.jpg

11. savemoney

savemoney

Horrid day yesterday. Went to the doctor for my knee injection. When to use the men's room at the doctors office before being seen for my appointment. Was adjusting my clothing and tipped forward, not able to stop myself, came down on my knees and twisted my right shoulder, came to an abrupt stop as my head smashed and broke the sheetrock wall . Wall not able, nor allowed to attempt to get up. There I was in all my glory. They called rescue. 4 men came and lifted me back up on my feet. I felt so humiliated. I sure picked a good place to have a fall. My head, shoulder and knees all hurt a lot today. Looking back, I was using my cane. Had I had my walker I think I could have prevented the fall. Getting old ain't for sissies.

12. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Wow, horrid indeed. As bad as that whole experience must've been, it sounds like it could've been a lot worse. That's a whole lot of things going wrong all at once. Glad you're still with us.

13. Loon

Loon

Chit happens Larry...Good your back in action.:cheers:

Chvymn99, Horkn, yooperdave and 9 others like this.
  14. mat60

mat60

No,, that doesnt sound like a good day.. Only good thing was you broke the sheetrock between the studs. I guess you still need to go back for your shot. Glad you didnt break something.

Chvymn99, Horkn, yooperdave and 8 others like this.
  15. bogieb

bogieb

16. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

X2

17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

savemoney I hope you don't feel too much of the effects of that nasty fall. Good luck.

Chvymn99, Horkn, yooperdave and 5 others like this.
  18. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Had some good company yesterday and also got some outdoor work done before they came. I am terribly out of shape for the work but hoping it gets better as there is so much to do.

Chvymn99, bogieb, Horkn and 7 others like this.
  19. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

savemoney hey first don’t be embarrassed about needing help you could call for assistance every day for rest of your live and STILL have a credit in that account!

second if you change a few small details that is a teenager story. High school got fight in bathroom my head got shoved through a wall. It took four of my buddies to pull me off that jerk.(named gravity)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  20. schlot

schlot

Tough day indeed! Hope you're doing better today!

That being said I have to ask.

I've got to do some wall demo in the basement, Are you able to help take the drywall down? :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Have a good one.